Chapter Eighty Seven

FOREVER

Tzuyu woke up strangely early the next morning. She had a mild headache; probably a side effect of the long night. Sana was sound asleep by her side, so she just left the bed and took a well-deserved shower. She was proud of herself for not having drunk too much; otherwise her night would likely have ended disastrously. She went to the kitchen and started to make pancakes. When she was in the right mood, she liked to prepare the mix from scratch; using a recipe she'd improved over the years. Sana noticed when the pancakes were made using Tzuyu's recipe and said they were the best in the world, so it was very satisfying to cook them for her Cupcake.

After a few minutes she heard the sound of sloppy steps dragging in the hardwood floor coming from the hall. She turned to see Sana with her messy hair, still wearing the clothes from the day before, scratching her eyes.

"Are you making pancakes?" She said in her husky morning voice. It was so adorable, that Tzuyu could not hold the smile sneaking on her face.

"Yes, I am. Morning, Cupcake."

"Morning." She said giving two more steps and kissing Tzuyu's  left cheek.

Tzuyu place the bowl over the counter and pulled Sana for a proper hug, brushing her belly in the process. She turned to kiss Sana on her lips, but she diverted her face from Tzuyu. "Morning breath." She whined.

"How many times I have to say that I don't care?" Tzuyu kissed her cheek instead and brushed the belly again. "And how are you doing there, little one?" She said hunching down a bit.

"He was basically moving all night." She mumbled.

Tzuyu looked up to her. "So that's why you're such a grump this morning?" She said with a teasing smile.

Sana nodded, humming slightly. Tzuyu hugged her again.

"So, take a nice shower and by the time you're done, there will be fluffy, warm and delicious pancakes here waiting for you." She said softly into Sana's ear, brushing her back. "Okay?" She kissed her forehead and Sana hummed another answer agreeing.

While Sana was taking her shower, Tzuyu finished stirring the batter. By the time Sana was back, wearing her working clothes, the smell of pancakes were all over the apartment. She sat down by the kitchen table, where Tzuyu had set their plates, the syrup, butter and two mugs of cocoa. Sana took a sip for her mug, closing her eyes with the soothing warmth of the drink.

Tzuyu  placed a pile of pancakes in the middle of the table, piling most of them onto Sana's plate. Sana smiled to her taking the butter to spread on her pancakes. Tzuyu smiled back and for a moment they ate in a comfortable silence.

"I'm going to miss this." Sana said halfway through her pancakes. "These little moments we shared in this apartment."

"Me too." Tzuyu said back, stuffing her mouth with a big chunk of pancakes. "But we will create new memories in our new home."

Sana laughed with Tzuyu clumsiness, speaking with her mouth full. "Yes, we will." She looked at her watch. "We have just a few hours to shop, by noon I have to meet with Rose."

"The seamstress?"

"Yeah, she is making me a dress from the scratch, because nothing looked good or was really fitting me in the store."