Chapter 19

Riley's POV:

When Maya went back downstairs, she forgot one thing. She didn't cover up the bruise. I ran downstairs to stop her, but I was too late. My parents were already questioning her about the bruise, and she kept throwing lies at them.

"Maya seriously, where'd you get that bruise?" My dad questioned.

"It's been there for a while! Ever since the fight! I swear! You probably just didn't notice it because you're old." Beads of sweat ran down Maya's face. I could tell she was nervous as ever.

"Maya! I'm not that old. Now tell me the truth."

"Well-"

"I punched her!" I swooped in and saved Maya's butt.

"What?" All three of them looked at me.

"It was an accident! I kept moving in my sleep and when she was cuddling me I accidentally punched her."

"Well if it's an accident then it's alright. Just be a little more careful next time, that's a pretty huge bruise." My dad sighed.

"I'll do that." I grabbed Maya and ran upstairs.

"Thank you for that." She smiled.

"No problem. You owe me though."

"I'm not going to stop fighting."

"Ok, but you owe me big time!"
------------------------------------------
Maya's POV:

Since Riley now knows about my secret, there was no point of hiding it anymore. I planned to go out a little earlier than I normally do.

"But Mayaaa! I don't want to be alone. It's Saturday night and I don't want to waste it by being all alone! Please stay!" She begged.

"You won't be alone! I'll text Farkle! Or Lucas! Wait, ugh, no not Ranger Rick. I'll tell Freckles to come up here immediately. How's that sound?" I exclaimed.

"No! I want to be with you!" She cried out.

"Look, I swear I'll be after an hour! I'll get both Freckles and Sundance to keep you company while I'm gone. If you stay awake, I'll be back before you know it!"

"No! No! No! No!"

"Riley please."

"You know what? You can go on ahead and go! See if I care..."

"I will! I'll just text-"

"Don't bother."

"You sure?"

"Yeah, just get out."

I frowned and went out the window. What was that about? I told her I'd be back in an hour.

I roamed the streets looking for someone to fight. No one looked like someone I could pick on. They were either too young or too old, too skinny or too fat, too poor or too rich. I walked near a restaurant and bar. I walked in, there has to be someone I'm able to fight here. I sit in a seat, sighing and looking around.

"Bored?" A guy sitting next to me asks, staring at his drink.

"Yeah, you know anyone here I can fight?"

"I don't think so, you seem too young. How old are you?"

"16."

"Yeah, that's too young. Too young to even be in here. Don't you know that you can only drink at 21?"

"I'm not here to drink. I'm just trying to look for someone I can fight."

"Have you ever actually been in a fight?"

"Yep. Too many to count."

"Ever won one?"

"All of them."

"Really?!"

"Yep, what are you doing here? You seem a little older than the rest of the people here."

"Came here for a drink. I'm basically here every night unless I have a date."

"So you're single?"

"Pretty much. What about you kid?"

"I'm actually taken."

"Really? Any guy I know?"

"It's actually a girl."

"Ah, so you're a lesbian?"

I shook my head.

"Bisexual?"

"Yep."

"Nice!"

I stare at him, confused for a bit. "Aren't you going to make some rude comment or something?"

"What?"

"Well usually when I tell someone that I'm bisexual they either make a rude comment or run away in fear."

"Nah, I'm not like that. That's crazy immature. I've got nothing against the LBGT community."

"Really? That's great!"

The man nodded. "You know what? I'd like to see you fight sometime. How about I find you someone to fight tomorrow? Just be here at the same time tonight, alright? Now go home and spend time with your girlfriend."

"I'd love that! Thank you! I'll see you tomorrow." I waved at him as I ran out the door.
--------------------------------------------
Riley's POV:

I waited for Maya to return. I seriously regretted not begging even more. I hated being alone more than anything. I should have at least let her text Lucas and Farkle. I could always text them myself anyway.

Riley: Hey, come down to my apartment, quick. I need someone to talk to.

I sent to both Lucas and Farkle. I hope at least one of them isn't too busy. After a few minutes I got a text back.

Farkle: I'll be there in a minute!

I smiled and already felt a little safer. I got another text.

Lucas: Sorry! I can't make it. Isn't Maya there though?

I sighed.

Riley: No, that's why I need someone to talk to.

Lucas: I'm sorry. I swear I'll try to visit once I'm done with this issue, is that alright?

Riley: It's alright, Farkle is on his way. Thank you though.

Lucas: No problem ;)!

I looked up as I heard a knock on the window. It was Farkle.

"Come in, it's open." I yelled. He opened the window, came in, and hopped on my bed.

"What's up?" He asked with a smile.

"I'm going to tell you something but you gotta keep it a secret. I haven't even told Maya."

"Alright. I swear I won't tell anyone!"

"Ok well see, I've had this huge issue with being alone ever since the coma. I just get really paranoid and scared. And well apparently I was alone and needed someone to come here quick."

"Well where's Maya?"

"Ok, I have to tell you another secret now."

"Two secrets in one night? Calm down!" He laughed.

"Alright just swear you won't tell anyone! Don't even tell Maya that I told you."

"My lips are super sealed!"

I told him about Maya sneaking out to fight. I told him about what happened this morning. As I kept continuing, he got more and more upset.

"We have to do something to stop her."

"But what? It's hard to stop Maya."

"Don't worry. I've got a plan."