Let Down

"That shorty has guts to do that to Sana." Jungkook groaned as he chewed on his poki with a grumpy and uninterested look on his face.

"Yah don't you dare bash on him!" Taehyung snapped at him with a visible pout and again slumped back on his seat.

"I don't know what the hell is wrong with him either. He acted so dumb yesterday." said Ash, with her lips curved upside down and looked over at Jungkook. "So Sana isn't good?" she asked.

Jungkook scoffed as he thought about yesterday. It was 8pm when the girl had called him sounding like a zombie and asked him if he could treat her to ice-cream. In normal circumstances, he would have said no, but something in her voice seemed like she'd burst out crying any moment.

When he finally met up with her, she was unusually quite. After asking her a dozen times, she finally started sulking while having her bora bora ice cream on what happened. She had gone to Jimin's house after he said that he can't come over to show him her project, but his brother told her that he was out. When she simply asked if they enjoyed at the arcade, he gave her a weird confused look and said, "What arcade? We never went to the arcade."

That was not all. When she was coming back home, her mom had asked her to get something from the supermarket and while she was going there, she crossed Mei's house only to see her and Jimin standing at the doorstep and having a good time talking to each other as she had said, "Thank you for today."

All piled up, had resulted in her being a sad panda and asking Jungkook to treat her, because she trusted no one more than her best friend.

Ash gasped as she heard the entire story and Taehyung was shocked as well. This entire thing seemed to be super messed up now.

The door to the classroom slowly opened and Sana walked in, with her dark circles saying hi to them before she could even open her mouth. Right after her, entered Jimin and Mei, together. They had smiles on their faces as they talked about some random things. Jungkook couldn't help but glare at them.

"Sana how are you?" asked Ash as soon as she came to her place. The said girl simply gave off a smile, which did not reach her eyes and mumbled out an, "I'm fine. Why?"

Jimin went to his place and greeted Taehyung, Ash and Jungkook, but didn't even look at Sana. That, hurt her more. Just as she was about to excuse herself and go, Jimin called for her.

"Hey Sana!"

She turned around, feeling her heart flutter at that. "Yes?" she said quickly. Maybe he wasn't angry. Maybe it's just all a misunderstanding and they can clear it off.

"You brought the project right?" he asked with a blank look on his face as he studied her features. She nodded.

"Good. Don't let me down." That was all he said before dragging Taehyung and Ash out with him. The girl's little smile and slight taint of pink that had creeped on her cheeks faltered as he did so. She bit her lip and looked out of the window trying to hold back her tears. She hated herself for feeling that way. He hadn't meant anything to her, so why now? Did she lose him?

Her pathetic look did not go unnoticed by Jungkook as he clenched his fists and jaw. He did not want that to happen to his best friend that had happened one year back. He did not want to see her broken face again. She had tried hard to get over it, and he couldn't bear the fact that a new boy would just enter and exit her life without even asking for permission.

"That jerk is going down." he angrily hissed and Sana's eyes widened when she looked over at him. "Jungkook—" before she could stop him, he was already storming out of the classroom to go find Jimin.

"Shit Kook! No!" Sana screamed after him and sprinted as fast as possible to catch up to him but of course the boy was faster.

"And you believed her Jimin?" Taehyung, for the first time, had a dejected look on his face, showing clear disapproval of what his best friend just said.

"Yes! I saw the proofs Tae! Believe me!" Jimin said trying to convince his friend, even though his own heart wasn't convinced fully by it. "Otherwise why didn't you ever talk to her huh?"

"Oh god Jimin I never thought you could be so foolish!" Taehyung exclaimed while massaging his scalp. "She and Jungkook weren't in my friends circle! That's all! I never believed those rumours against her anyway! Or else why do you think I did not stop you later from talking to them!? Why do you think I joined you as well??" he said loudly, feeling frustrated by each passing second.

"But she had proof—"

"SCREW PROOF PARK FUCKING JIMIN!" An angry shout caught their attention and the next thing they knew was that Jimin was laying flat on the ground.

"Oh my god Jungkook stop!" Ash said horridly and tried to get him off Jimin.

"Let go of me Ash!" he exclaimed pushing her away and punched Jimin.  "How much do you even know about her huh? Who gave you the right to judge her!? Are you freaking nuts? You believed that big fat mouth Mei and didn't even think of clarifying it with Sana!? Why! Why did you have to come into her life just to ruin it further!?" he screamed and for the first time, a tear slipped down from his eye.

"JUNGKOOK STOP!" Sana. She yanked the muscular boy off Jimin as her own eyes looked red from crying and she pulled him away. "You don't have to prove anything to him!" she exclaimed, feeling a pang on her chest after seeing the cut on Jimin's cheekbone which Jungkook had made.

"But yesterday you looked so broken!" Jungkook mumbled softly this time and looked down. "I had never seen you that way ever since..." He trailed off and by now, Jimin was up on his feet, shocked at the entire scene and what just happened as Taehyung helped him up.

"He doesn't need to know Kook." Sana finally breathed out shakily, throwing a look at Jimin which made his heart stop beating for a moment. Pain, anger, and mostly disappointment. This made him question himself if what he did was actually right or not.

She walked over to him and looked him in the eye and said, "It must be Mei who told you something about me... As much as I'm curious to know what, I think it's gonna be nasty enough to ruin my remaining reputation as well so keep it to yourself. And anyway, our project is over, don't worry, I have done my parts perfectly so we will get good scores on it, so now we are nobody to each other. Jimin... I won't let you down." And with that she walked away back to her classroom with Jungkook, Taehyung and Ash just gawking at him with disappointed, angry and pitied looks respectively.

Her last words screamed something which stunk him like poison darts.

"You have let me down Park Jimin."

A/N : My life is a running joke.