Acknowledgement

So finally "Shy Boy" is complete. A very hearty thank you to everyone who read my book and supported it. Your votes and comments really motivate me and make my day. I feel so happy reading them :)

I hope you enjoyed reading this book and please feel free to check out my other books as well! As an author, your support means the world to me and I will keep working hard to give you guys all kinds of well written quality stories! ^^

I'd like to share a secret with all of you. The character of Mei is totally inspired by a real person. She was my friend for a very long time and I really was grateful for having her, but slowly things started to change. The first time I got hurt was when I heard from one of my other friends that she had compared herself to me and went asking around, if she looks better than me. I let that incident slide, but after that, I got to hear that she had also asked a couple of friends a confirmation that she was better than me in all spheres. I also found out that she used to talk behind my back. She always did all kinds of unhealthy diets and when I tried to tell her to do it in a healthy manner she refused to listen to me. It got to the point where she had started to make me feel insecure. Whenever we used to go out to eat, she used to eat like an ant. She couldn't eat more than a slice of pizza and half a dumpling. She used to keep on asking how much calories those food stuff contained and indirectly called me out when I tried to eat whatever I wanted. Once she even wasted a total pack of fries in KFC and "struggled" to eat a whole burger, making me feel really weird since I had finished mine just fine. She had lost a lot of weight but kept comparing herself to me in front of others deliberately so that they could say that she's so thin and I am a hippo compared to her. It did not end there. She went on acting like she was so depressed and a damsel in distress to gain sympathy from others to the point it became very annoying. She always used to play the victim card and everyone thought her to be an innocent delicate flower. She was a very good singer and artist so she always made fun of my singing or drawings and degraded them in an indirect way so that it wouldn't be that obvious, and always craved attention.

I thought her to be my friend, and I was ready to forget it all. I wanted to talk things out with her because she had genuinely helped me in the past, and I loved her for that. Yet, when I wanted to confront her to straighten out things, she refused to talk to me and even tried to provoke my best friend against me.

There had come a point where everyone sympathised with her thinking me to be a "bad bitch" because I never stooped as low as her to show how vulnerable I am or acting all that sappy. So I was left all alone... Thankfully, my best friend was always there with me or else I would've been totally alone.

So yeah, this is the truth behind Mei's character. Anyway, that is in the past, and I am doing completely fine now :)

Special thanks to kookcao1997 and honeybabe77  for supporting my story so much 💓💓

I love you all, be healthy, happy and safe. See you in my other stories ^^

Bye bye!