Chapter 19 Hyperion Arrives

------------- Catptain's POV, A few minutes earlier, on Hyperion.

I see through the large glass panes on bridge that smoke was rising from Kowloon City. There was constant gunfire and some occasional explosions.

There seems to be a blockade separating the safe houses and valkyries from the Honkai beasts and zombie hordes. Gotta admit, they saved quite a lot of the city right now and seems to be holding the enemies back.

"Just land behind the valkyries, we'll provide support right away." I told Ai-chan.

"Yes boss!"

I then went down the elevator to the first floor. My valkyries are waiting down there.

"Alright, honorable valkyries and my dear students, this will be our first mission together and I believe we will ace this. Also, a quick note: for fighting hordes of enemies, it's better to gather them closely so that you can bombard them with attacks. You all have your respective teams but you can work with other teams with 'gatherers'. Got any last minute questions for me?"

"Yes! What if we really don't have any 'gatherers'?"

"What you want to do is go for long range enemies. They're the ones that'll distance themselves from you so they're the hardest to gather. Attacking them will bring close range enemies towards you both, thus 'gathering' them. It's just useful that you have all enemies in view and don't have to look out for projectiles. Got any more questions? No? Ok then, let's do this!"

"Roger!" The girls said as they marched out.

I followed right behind but a hand grabbed my shoulder. I looked back.

"Where do you think you're going, Captain-sama?" Diane said as she pushed up her glasses to adjust it. Her serious face with the gleam from her glasses was quite frightening.

"To look out for my lovely valkyries. I can't do that?"

"No, that is far too dangerous for a normal human."

"But it's my first mission and I want to cheer for the girls!"

"Let him do it. Just stay far away far from the battle field and close to me. Ok, Captain~?" Himeko suggested.

"Sure, that works!"

I walked outside near the blockade and the valkyries of Hong Kong.

What I saw amazed me just as much as it amazed the Hong Kong valkyries.

There were so many unique attacks and combined attack flying everywhere. There was so much color that I almost thought I was watching a light show.

I know the game has many special effects and the co-op modes are like epilepsy simulator, but 60 people takes it to a whole new level!

Bronya was the most noticeable. She created back holes one after another. Each one gathering 20-30 enemies. Kiana, Mei and others then bombarded the horde with attacks. This combination takes out huge chunks of the enemies every time.

The other 'gatherers' also did their job and other teams joined in for the easy horde picking.

The ones that are left went for long range enemies such as zombie rangers. The close range enemies gathered around which allowed these teams to perform QTEs

"Please provide additional firepower by attacking the hordes!" I addressed the valkyries of Hong Kong.

They looked at me and realized that I was the captain by my uniform.

"Yes sir!" They answered and started providing support fire.

Ping!

Huh? A notification from the system?