Tomie

After binge reading Junji Ito's horror manga titled "Tomie", I just knew I had to make a fanart about it

The manga is about a mysterious and beautiful girl named Tomie Kawakami, who can manipulate men (and women) into doing what she wants, sometimes even without trying, from her presence alone. However, the people she became close to would always end up killing her brutally.

Each story shows how the numerous and various characters that encounters Tomie would get close to her, sometimes even fall in love with her, and then kill her brutally, only for her to come back to life one way or another, sometimes even multiply, depending on how she died.

The illustration above is done to show her story, of how she could make people love her (she is coloured red, which represents passion and love), and the monstrous side of her which manipulates and comes back to life after getting killed (the deformed faces hidden in darker coloured areas). The hands around here shows how people seem to always want her, even if they end up killing her (represented by how the hand in the darker coloured areas are outlined red, and how the hand in brighter coloured areas look normal enough).

•••

For more artworks by me, check out my instagram @roschea.arts