16- In the Belly of the Boat

Violet POV

Violet POV

"Are we there yet?" Duncan asked longingly.

"We haven't even moved!" Isadora wailed.

"Well," Duncan responded. "We could've teleported there or something like the magic tree house series, but in a boat."

"What you just said is incorrect in so many ways." Klaus said.

"Why did you have to mention of book series!" I groaned.

Duncan shrugged.

"First, teleportation isn't real. Not yet, but I'm sure Violet will do something about that someday. Second, if we were being teleported like in those books, we would have been jostled and spun around. Third, if we teleported, it would have been to a different time. Look around and pop your head out of the boat and you'll see nothing has changed. I'm sure of it." Klaus explained even when no one had asked him to.

Duncan did remove part of the cover, and popped his head out of the boat. Just as soon as it went out, his head snapped back.

"They are coming this way!" Duncan said.

"Okay." Klaus said. "But las-"

"Stop talking!" Isadora whispered harshly.

"-I'm not done!" Klaus said and continued to whisper the last part of his explanation.

"And lastly, I didn't know you could read."

We heard the two men open their doors to get into their vehicle and closed them. The engine roared to life.

In our boat thingy, it was white and most likely slightly larger than a queen size bed, apart from how it was shaped, which reminded me of an Almond. A dark plastic tarp had been covering the top of the boat and was the reason they most likely haven't seen us in here. Since we couldn't hear the men, we assumed they wouldn't be able to hear us.

"You know, this was a pretty stupid idea." Klaus said.

"Then why did you go along with it?" Duncan asked.

"Peer pressure." Klaus answered, flailing his hands and dismissing the subject further.

"You were saying..." Isadora put him back on track.

"Right, we have no clue where we are going, how long we'll be in here, or any kind of plan." He said. "We could be going out of the country, 10 minutes away, the driver could be reckless, or we could just be plain old going in the wrong direction!"