Epilogue

New Orleans was quiet as I stood on the balcony, arms suddenly wrapped around my waist, a chin resting on my shoulder.

"It took a long time, but look at our city" I smiled, my hands going to the ones around my stomach.

A baby's cries brought me out of my thoughts. Our child, Hope, was calling for us.

Detangling myself from my husband, I ambled my way to the small nursery, once the little girl caught sight of us, she immediately reached for me.

"Hey" I cooed, picking her up and cuddling her in my arms.

Nik stood just behind, his finger was clutched in Hope's tiny fist, as she fell back asleep. I rocked her gently, watching her tired eyes droop.

Hayley hadn't wanted her, instead choosing to focus on her pack, so she allowed all rights of parenthood to Nik and I, she later married Jackson and leads the crescent wolves.

We keep in touch,but it was mostly political relations than anything and maybe a little friendship.

Marcel hangs around the compound, he absolutely adored his baby sister, and helped keep the vampires in line so our peace could continue.

Elijah and Rebekah stay close, spoiling their niece with affection. It was, as always, the Mikaelson way to take care of our own.

Nik and I were bonded, but our relationship truly flourished again when his daughter was brought into the picture, someone he would protect with his life.

The humans now knew their place, the vice mayor and the deputy sheriff finding their new roles well.

All was well in the city of New Orleans, something that hadn't happened a lot when we first moved here, but Hope would grow up here, and she would be safe.

The End