7

MADNESS
— 7. Wrath

 At the cabin, Freya was sitting with Ivar and Ubbe at a table while Sigurd was standing in the doorway, whittling something with a knife

"That is my knife," Ivar suddenly spoke up in a calm tone and Sigurd ignored him as he entered the cabin and closed the door behind him, "That is my knife."

"No, it is not," Sigurd argued and Freya sighed in frustration since she knew an argument was about to occur. He sat down beside Ivar, who rolled his eyes at him.

"Give it to me," Ivar complained as he held his hand out for Sigurd to hand him the knife.

"You're crazy," Sigurd retorted as he snatched his hand away, "It's not your knife. Father gave me this knife."

"I want it," Ivar admitted, taking a seat on the ground before he began to crawl toward Sigurd, "I will kill Lagertha with it. I will kill Lagertha with Father's knife."

"Well, you can't have it," Sigurd argued as Freya exchanged an annoyed look with Ubbe.

"That's enough," Freya scolded the boys in a stern tone, "You're acting like children. I could have sworn you were grown men."

Ivar yanked Sigurd's stool out from under him, causing his younger brother to grunt as he fell to the ground. Ivar crawled closer to him, attempting to take the knife from his grasp.

Sigurd simply lifted his arm while holding the knife, making Ivar unable to grab ahold of it.

"Are you to handle this or shall I?" Ubbe asked as he turned to Freya.

"Go right ahead," She suggested, gesturing toward Ivar and Sigurd.

"Give it to me!" Ivar growled at Sigurd as he tried to take the knife from Sigurd. He grabbed Sigurd by the shirt and headbutted him in the face.

They continued to fight each other until Ubbe pulled Ivar off of Sigurd. He grabbed Sigurd next and pulled him off the ground. "We have important decisions to make," He reminded his younger brothers in a scolding tone.

"As usual, you must tell us how to behave!" Sigurd complained loudly.

"Well, perhaps if you simply acted your age, he wouldn't have to," Freya commented as she shrugged her shoulders.

Ivar and Sigurd turned to Freya at the same time, glaring at her. "Shut up!" They snapped at her in unison, causing her to smile and lift her arms in mock surrender.

"I wish Bjorn and Ylva were here," Ubbe sighed deeply in defeat as he sat down next to Freya.

"You think Bjorn knows about Father?" Sigurd asked Ubbe curiously as he spoke of Bjorn.

"Oh, so, you think that Odin told us, but forgot to tell Bjorn? Hmm?" Ivar asked his brother with an attitude as he tapped his temple with his knife.