The Summer Best Forgotten

It had been a week since Sirius had moved in with the Potters. Remus had heard what had happened and was going to be arriving that day. He was only going to stay for two days, as the full moon was only a few days away. Val, James, and Sirius were waiting by the fireplace for Remus's arrival. Soon enough, Remus stepped out of the fireplace covered in soot. Valerie didn't realize how much she had missed him until she saw his face and felt her heart jump. At the sight of his friends, Remus's face broke into a grin. Val rushed up and hugged him, causing him to wince.
"Oh my god, I'm sorry," she said, panicked.
"No, no it's fine. The pre-change is getting more and more painful. I don't know why." By the time Remus had gotten settled in, it was almost midnight, and the Marauders all went to bed.

The next morning, Valerie went downstairs for breakfast. James and Remus were already up and having coffee. Remus's coffee was black, just like Valerie liked, and James's full of cream and sugar. Valerie's heart lept again when Remus turned and smiled at her. "Hey, look who finally decided to get out of bed," he said with a laugh. Valerie felt her cheeks heat up.
"I... I... forgot something... my room... be back," she stammered, as she fled the kitchen. She ran to Sirius's room and knocked.
"Hey are you decent?" she asked through the door.
"Well, not morally, but I have pants on if that's what you're asking." he deadpanned.
Valerie rolled her eyes as she let herself in. Sirius was searching for a shirt in his closet, and Valerie flopped face-first onto his bed.
"I am going to go drown myself in my nice marble bathtub after what just happened," she mumbled into his mattress.
"What did you do," Sirius turned around with a smirk.
"I.. uh... think I'm having a feeling," she said slowly, turning over. "And I would like to make it stop. How do I do that?" she asked.
"A feeling? Oh please do elaborate." He sat down and gave her his full attention.
"Well, when Remus arrived last night, I don't know, I felt something when I saw him. Like I hadn't realized how much I had missed him. And is it just me, or did he get 500 times hotter than the last time I saw him? Then this morning he smiled at me and I just started blushing like a crazy person and then ran. As fast as I possibly could." she buried her face in his mattress again.
"You.. like Remus?" Sirius asked, with a huge grin spreading across his face. "You have to tell him!"
"How about no."
"Come on, he's liked you forever!" Sirius, realizing what he had just said, clamped a hand over his mouth with an expression of horror.
"Wait, what?"
"Nothing."
"Sirius..."
"No. I won't. If you want to know, you need to talk to him about it."
"Ack, go to hell."
"Oh, believe me, I bought my ticket already," he smirked. She left the room laughing.

Valerie spent the rest of Remus's visit totally awkward and blushing over him. She hated herself so much for it. She wasn't a girl who went gaga over a boy. She needed to get a grip. Finally, by the time Remus had to leave, Valerie had slight control over herself. She was sad that he had to leave, but Hogwarts was only two weeks away. The Marauders made plans to meet in Diagonally the following week, and stay at the Leaky Cauldron. After Remus had gone, Valerie moped around the house all day, to the point that Euphemia noticed. She pulled Sirius aside.
"Dear, what is wrong with Valerie? I have never seen her so upset."
"I think she might have caught feelings," Sirius waggled his eyebrows for emphasis.
"Oh, dear," Euphemia chuckled. "For Remus, no doubt. I think they would make a lovely couple," she said the last part more to herself than anyone else.

That night Valerie turned in early. Sirius went to bed not long after. When he turned on his lights he screamed
"AHHH,"
"Well that was very manly of you," Valerie said sarcastically, glaring at him from the end of his bed.
"Are you crazy? Why are you just sitting here in the dark? In my room?"
"I'm thinking. I think I'm experiencing something called love towards Remus and I don't think it's a good thing."
"Val, I'm telling you, you just have to tell him."
"I can't. This will all pass. It has to."
"Sure, if you say so." At this Valerie rolled her eyes and left the room.