The Day of the Date

May's POV

"Ugh can you just shut up!" I whispered and yawned as a ray of light shone through the windows.

Why must the birds chirp so early in the morning! Why must the sun rise so early! Why must this day come!

As I was whining, a fresh scent from the room calmed me down slightly. Drew's scent.

Although I just woke up, I am more sure than ever that today is the day that I have to complete the request from Drew. My 'date' with Sid.

"Hey May! Come on, get changed and come have breakfast with us downstairs! I can't wait to see Ash battle again!" Max called from the corridor outside the bedroom.

I yawned and stretched again, then got off the bed to change into my usual clothes, next, I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. Lastly, I headed down.

"So, how was your night on Drew's bed?" Max teased.

"Umm, great?" I didn't mean to say that, but I wasn't really listening to him as I was worrying about how my day could go wrong.

"Oh! No, no! I don't mean that! I mean it's normal!" I frantically took back what I said before.

"Sure~" Max continued.

"Good morning, Mrs. Hayden and you guys!" I changed the topic.

"Morning May!" They said.

We chatted for a while as we ate our breakfast, then we packed our bags and headed out.

"Be careful outside kids!" Mrs. Hayden called out as we waved to her and saying goodbye. At the same time, Rafe and his sisters popped up.

"Hey guys, we're meeting up with Sid at the park today." Rafe said.

After a silent, short walk to the park, I saw Sid waving at us, I haven't seen him in months. I'm not really happy to see him, I mean I don't hate him, but he's where all my troubles are coming from...

He seemed to blush a little bit seeing me, I still don't really understand why he would have a crush on me?

After a while of chit-chatting, Max and Ash rushed over to the Battle Tower, Brock went shopping, Rafe winked at us for different meanings, but also meaning good luck then went off with his sisters to their 'piano class'.

"So, umm, should we... Umm, go walk in the town for a while? Like a date?" Sid asked, Rafe must've told him to ask me out to avoid awkwardness.

"Emm, sure, why not? But it's only a friendly one okay?" I replied nervously. Thank Arceus! He asked it for me! I don't think I could ask it myself... I was so nervous even when I just had to answer him. I hope this isn't the wrong decision, I did tell him it was a friendly one... I hope this turns out than I imagined...

"Great! Let's go! I'll show you around town." He said excitedly as he grabbed me by the wrist, I feel somewhat not so comfortable with this, but I kept quiet and followed him for Drew's sake.

"So, where are we going?" I said, trying to stir up a conversation to ease the awkwardness.

"Let's go that way first!" Sid said, already skipping towards the place he pointed to. I feel bad doing this now, even if it's for Drew, a friend. 

"Why did you say yes to me? Even if it's just a friendly one, it's a date." Sid suddenly asked and turned to me with a serious look. Why? I can't just tell him Drew asked me to...

"Umm, because we're... friends?" I answered with an awkward smile.

"I had a fun time with you, but even I can tell you didn't have as much fun as I did. Did anyone ask you to do this? Or did you forced yourself with me because you feel bad for me?" He said with a frown. I can tell he is afraid what I'm going to answer.

"Actually-" I tried to explain, but got stopped by Sid.

"Drew asked you to do it right?" He guessed, seeing my surprised face, he continued, "I'm not that dense, I thought he knew you when I told him about you, and now, I'm sure of it."

"I'm really sorry! I shouldn't have lied! You're a good friend, and today was fun, but... I just don't think of you that way. And I... I already have somebody I like." I confessed.

He smiled, "I thought so, thanks for going out with me anyways. Oh yeah," He then walked closer to me and whispered, "Your crush is Drew right?"

'How did he know!!!' I thought as a blush rushed to my face.

"Haha, relax, your secret is safe with me!" He patted my back. 

"I'm sorry again..." I apologized again.

"Go on, tell him that. He might think he's smart, but when it comes to love, he's helpless" He chuckled, thinking about his friend's funny moments. "There was a girl who had a crush on him in elementary school, she showed all, by all I mean every single hint, like 'tripping' and such, she even said 'I like you', but he thought it was a dare! She finally told him the last day before he left to become a Coordinator that she liked him romantically, Drew was so surprised! I hope he learnt something after having so many fan girls now..."

"Wow, that Drew? Dense!? I can't begin to imagine that!" I snickered, "Thanks for the advise, I'll... umm... maybe... tell him when I see him again!" I blushed again.

"Thanks for spending the day with me, but I actually... I still like Selena, if Drew haven't told you I like her."

"He did, and thanks for spending the day with me too! I had lots of fun!"

"It's 6 already, let's go to the battle tower and see how Ash and Max are doing!" We chatted about Selena, our lives, and basically everything while we were heading for the tower. I have a feeling that I'm gonna be good friends with him!

-.-.-.-.-.-.-

A/N Sorry that took so long! I was a little busy with other things, hope you liked it, and please vote!