Prologue

I opened my eyes and found myself in darkness. The linen bedding on my back felt soft, and fragrant as the evening breeze blew. It was cold and biting that I tried to pull the covers over me but found that there was none.

"You're awake?" a masculine voice said. I tried to search for the sound finding his voice beautiful, calming and angelic. However there was only a sound.

The state I was in felt like a vivid dream, as if everything was unreal. I realize then that I had no recollection of myself at all. I decided then to make a gamble.  Since the voice was soothing it naturally attracted me, making me trust it. If that person turns out to be someone horrible, then I had no choice but to suffer. It was a bridge I plan to cross when we get there.

"Sir, I cannot recall anything..." I asked, almost panicking. My eyes began to shift in the darkness. The light from the moon was getting brighter as I blinked my eyes until it stabilised. Although it was dark, I could see now the silhouette of the man who called me.

He did not spoke back quickly. He must have been surprised of the words I said. He grasped my hand gently, his rough palm brushing over my skin. His intimate action calmed me down. The man leaned closer that I could smell the musky rose fragrant that emanated from his body. "You are my wife, " he whispered softly on my ear, then planting a chaste kiss on my cheek. His actions did not frighten me, as if it was the most natural thing, and I easily accepted this fact. He slowly let go of my hand as he leaned away

"Husband," I spoke softly, trying to look for his face. The darkness had hid him well with only our hands connected. The darkness frightened me so I tried to prawl for his hand and pulled him back. His body heat was comforting and his gentle caresses on my head took away my fright. "Don't leave me by myself" I said.

The man chuckled and once again placed a kiss on me, this time on my forehead. I could see the silhouette of his face as well as his tall and straight nose. I had the impression that he was a handsome man from this silhouette, however I was not expecting anything. I could not recall anything, much less the face of my husband.

Light suddenly filled my vision. The light entered my eyes to quickly causing me to moan in pain and hide from the light. I felt my husband's strong chest as he tried to protect me from the bright light. His muscles ripped though the rough clothes that he wore. "Priest!" he suddenly called out and the light immediately disappeared.

"What have you done?" Another masculine sound came, sounding panicked.

"Silence!" said my husband, his voice no longer containing its warmth, "She has just woken up. She has closed her eyes for far too long and the light blinded her."

Their voices rang too loudly. With such stimulus overwhelming I placed my palms on my ears. I was starting to feel unwell. My husband must have noticed as he began to rub the back of my head softly. He let me sit back on the bed and allowed me to grasped both his hands.

"Will you return with me to my house?" My husband suddenly asked. His voice was clear, but it did not hurt unlike before.

I was not in the mood to speak, but I could spare a few words. "I will"

"Will you spend your every day loving and serving me?"

Were these words of endearment? "I will"

"Will you eat with me in the future, in abundance and famine?"

I thought to myself that he must have been comforting me with words of endearment. I couldn't help but smile at his peculiar words. "I will."

Then he placed another kiss on me, this time on my lips and held me tightly to his chest once again.