Eros In The Dark

"Please, no!" I said as I struggled to move away. I was fooled to believing that we were married and I spread my legs easily to this man. My panicking voice seemed to excite him even more. I could only see his silhouette. And I could tell his body was quite fit and muscular that I felt helpless.

"I will take responsibility over you. I am your husband now. We are binded by the law. " he assured me as he fondled my breasts with his lips. I stopped resisting him then calmed my mind like I always did.

It was easy for me to accept him, as my soon to be partner, and the man who I need to seek out to repopulate the world. He was the one who woke me up, after all, and this I myself could feel. He had kissed me when we met and that had woken me up. He fed me with his own hand and I accepted. All because of his wretched voice that sounded like an angel. And running my hand on his front and manhood, it was easier for me to spread my legs for him! Being an eve made me crave for flesh! What I did not understand was his obsession with the marriage, and his firm claims of being my 'husband'.

"Husband!" I called out firmly, "I am not from here, so do not pretend otherwise. I simply wish to know, how exactly was I married to you."

"You agreed to live under my house, my protection and accepted the food from my hand." he said, his voice was thickening with lust once again, "all this, you agreed upon in front of a holy man. And now our marriage has been consummated and it cannot be contested under any law, my beloved wife."

I bit my lip as my thoughts analyzed what he said. He seemed rather afraid that I will and not believe him perhaps that was why he had held me down firmly. I spoke in a calm manner as I hid my feelings from him in order to calm this man.

" Husband" I said, "I have no plans of running away from you. Is it alright if you let my wrist go? After all, married or not you really have no choice but to be my husband."

He let go of my wrist. I held his hand once again as this connection was the one thing that calmed me from the overwhelming darkness in the room. The gesture seemed to please him as well since he did not show any form of aggression.

I moved closer to him and laid down on his chest thinking of what to tell him. It was easy to lust after him having such magnificent body. Since he was my key, I was also drawn to him.

"Please, Husband, tell me, how did we got married." I asked again. This time he explained to me in detail. The peculiar words of endearment turned out to be marriage rites. Several generations ago, during times of famine, a law has been passed so a man and woman can get married easily in order to alleviate the financial burden that marriage costs. This was of course only practiced by the poorest of poor, and was rarely done. However it was still legal.

"my wife, do not worry" he suddenly said, "even though we had a peasant's wedding, it is quite the opposite. I am rich enough to buy whatever it is you fancy no matter the price."

"Oh, your status does not matter to me as long as you are diligent, then that is enough for me. We can work together. " I reassured him. I was sure he was born to be diligent and smart. Otherwise he will not be able to survive an apocalypse.

He chuckled at my comment. "perhaps it is beneath you to rely on a husband for money and power, when you own so much."

"Is that true?" I asked.

He went on to explain that I owned several pieces of land. And I had an army of priests. I then found out that what I had predicted came true. Wars were fought in order to possess me, it was in their genes. And they had noticed that wherever my body was, abundance followed closely.

I learned more about that world and the current affairs. I did found this instant husband charming. He learned to apologise later on for fooling me, but later claimed he had no regrets. I found out that he had taken a pilgrimage and had to pray for seven days before returning. Today marked his third day at the temple. The food he fed me for the marriage rites were his offerings. Initially he came to change the food offerings but ended up stealing a kiss. The priest was initially infuriated by his actions but seeing me woken up, he remained silent. After some time I realized that kissing was scandalous in their culture. Aside for the family, a kiss can never be given to an outsider. And in case a woman is found out to be kissed by a man on her lips, her marriage value drops, enough to become a spinster. Or else, the highest status she could become is a concubine.