𝕯𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐁𝐈𝐀 ────────────────

𝓙𝑬𝑵𝑵𝑨 𝑴𝑪𝑳𝑨𝑹𝑬𝑵 𝑵𝑬𝑽𝑬𝑹 stayed in one place for too long

𝓙𝑬𝑵𝑵𝑨 𝑴𝑪𝑳𝑨𝑹𝑬𝑵 𝑵𝑬𝑽𝑬𝑹 stayed in one place for too long. with her dad's line of work forcing him to move the family all around the west coast for any and every case of paranormal activity, jenna never got too comfortable in one town or another. instead, she preferred to stick her nose into an agatha christie novel, turn on some arctic monkeys, and call it a day. so, that's exactly what she did for about six years.

now, of course, this was before they arrived to small, simple, little arcadia oaks.

why they were in this completely obscure little socal town, jenna wasn't entirely listening (read: she had her headphones on), but she did catch something about stone monsters and alien sightings from her dad's friend colonel kubritz, so she assumed they were here to live out her dad's sci-fi childhood dreams. and maybe she shouldn't have been tuning out the world on the ride there because she also missed something very important: this would be her dad's last job before he goes into retirement, meaning this move will be their last.

meaning she will be stuck in mediocre little arcadia oaks for the last couple years of high school. wonderful.

jenna's first ──── and surprisingly not only ──── summer in town is away from her beloved mystery novels and indie music and instead she is forced to make nice with the neighbors because "they are going to be your classmates in two weeks. oh and by the way, you're going to summer school." as if her summer couldn't get any worse.

fortunately, it gets a little better the moment she steps on the sidewalk. okay, maybe it's not "better" in the moment as she's suddenly tackled by a strange and overexcited corgi, but said corgi's owner could just possibly be her soulmate. actually, please disregard that, "soulmate" is an awfully strong word that jenna would never be caught saying.