Ten

Please do vote, comment and share this story with your followers and friends!

Monday morning was a day dreaded by billions or probably more all over the world. No one liked to wake up early in the morning after a weekend. And Noorein was no exception. Her examinations got over yesterday and she was finally free for a month before Grade 11 classes started. Her family had a celebratory dinner to mark the completion of her High School, last night. Her best friends Asfand and Zara were also a part of the celebration. They were more family than friends.

She met Asfand in Grade 2 and Zara, when she shifted from Yulamibaad, a nearby city, in Grade 3. They have been friends since nearly seven years. Asfand's parents separated a year after he was born, he lived with his mother while he visited his father in the United States during school vacations. Zara's life was a little bit more exciting than theirs. Her parents owned a production house called 'Dazzling Bridge Entertainment' and yes, she has personally met Aryan Malhotra, the superstar, two and a half times. The first time is only counted as half by Asfand and Noorein because gawking at someone from a distance of six feet and running off screaming after they glance towards you cannot be counted as a meeting.

Noorein always knew she was not as academically gifted as her sister in economics or like her father in business, she was the odd sheep of the family. However, she was a science geek or more accurately a Mathematics Whiz. Zara and Noorein have won two 'National Level Mathematics Competitions' as a team. On the other hand, Asfand was the school sports captain who also the Physics Topper. So, yes, they were a couple of nerds who hung out together all the time. Like Sheldon, Leonard and Rajesh from the Big Bang Theory, of course, since Howard did not have a Ph.D., geniuses like themselves could not relate to him.

The girls at school did not treat Asfand like a nerd though. They followed him on Instagram, cheered for him during his basketball games and hung on to every word he said unlike how they treated Zara and Noorein, which was like crap.

"I still cannot believe that Layla Aapi is getting married to the His Highness, the Crown Prince next week. This is crazy. We are going to attend a royal wedding." Zara exclaimed excitedly.

The wedding was scheduled to happen two weeks after the announcement but due to Noorein's exams it was postponed a week further, His Majesty was known for his benevolence.

Asfand and Zara arrived half an hour ago only to carry Noorein out of her bed and throw her on the sofa in the living room. Those evil retards. All the while Amina and Layla were laughing out loud.

"Neither can I." Layla replied to Zara in a hushed tone.

"The entire world is going to see it live. That will be so weird." Asfand stated.

"I never imagined I would have a live streamed wedding watched by millions." Fear was evident on Layla's face. It was like Allah was making a mockery of her introvert self.

"I can't even sneeze in public without ten people capturing it anymore." Layla cursed her new life.

"The Crown Prince is so handsome. Layla Aapi you are so lucky." Zara said to Layla, dreamily.

If only she knew how cold and calculated His Highness really was. Even after the conversation they had in the royal gardens, he was still distant. He had never once personally contacted Layla. The only members of the royal family to ever check up on her were Her Majesty and Prince Ahad. She did not even have her soon to be husband's phone number for crying out loud.

Today they were all going wedding shopping well, all except Layla because her dress was being custom made by Tara Sinha, the most famous fashion designer of Mughlaan. She was also designing the groom's wedding outfit.