Chapter 1: The Gift

Naruto blew the candles out. 'Happy sixth birthday, Naruto,' he said to himself. It was another year celebrating his birthday by himself. He always got beat up on this day, so he had stuck to staying home to do his birthday for a while. Naruto would get his special ramen gift from Ichiraku and make his candle himself to blow out. He had never received a birthday present in his life. Then there was a knock on his door.

Naruto went to the door and opened it. Outside his door, there was a man with long white hair and red streaks on both eyes. "Hello?" Naruto asked, frightened, 'is this guy here to beat me up?' he thought. "Naruto Uzumaki, correct?" The man asked. Naruto nodded hurriedly. "I'm a friend of your fathers; he wanted me to give you this on your sixth birthday," He responded, handing a box to Naruto. "My... My dad?" Narutos sputtered, "You knew him? A gift?" The boy was utterly shocked. This man had just said he was a friend of his deceased father and handed him a birthday gift for the first time in his life. "Yeah, he and I go way back! Anyways, have a happy birthday! Oh, and the names Jiraiya," Jiraiya said and disappeared with a poof.

Once Naruto had recovered from his shock, he ran inside and tore open the box, awaiting his gift. When he finally opened it, he saw a scroll, a letter, and some weird kunai inside. While he hadn't received any gifts before, he knew that it was customary to read the letter first, so Naruto picked up the letter.

It read as follows:

Dear Naruto,

If you are reading this, it means me and your mother have unfortunately died. I have decided to entrust you with all of my jutsu and techniques in hopes that they will help you along your path as a leaf shinobi and make sure that you don't lose to death as early as we did. I want to tell you that your mother and I love you so much and wish you a wonderful life, full of amazing friends that will be there for you in our place.

Lots of love, Dad and Mom

The jutsu that the scroll contains are:

Flying Raijin

Rasengan

Multi-Shadow Clone Jutsu

Adamantine Sealing Chains

As Naruto finished reading the letter, he wiped tears from his face, his Dad, who had died, cared enough to give his son his jutsu. 'Thank you, Dad,' he thought to himself, looking up. Naruto sat there, staring at the letter for what seemed like hours, reading it over and over again. 'What the hell' Naruto thought and picked up the scroll. He saw a note on the scroll that said Sorry, Naruto, this scroll is sealed, so you need to put some blood on the square here, just so I make sure this gets to my son. Naruto picked up one of the weird kunai in the box, and cut his finger, letting some blood drip onto the little black clasp that was holding the scroll closed. The square holding the scroll together unclasped and fell open. "Time to get to work! I've been training for the academy, so hopefully, this will make me stronger!" Naruto said and pumped his fist in the air, "And then everyone will respect me, believe it!" And then the boy got to work.

The End

Did you like the new story idea? I tried to make it original, and I think it is. The only difference with Naruto than in canon is that he wants to get strong to earn respect, not become the Hokage. Also, sorry for the short chapter, the first one is always short, and it's just to get the ball rolling mostly.

As Always,

See You Later, Uchihas!