{India! here I come}

Argh!! I am feeling nauseous. I walked out of the plane by the jetway to the airport's terminal gate. I am a little dizzy because the change in air pressure causes my ear to pop.

My mom and dad are habitual to these types of things as per me. I am familiar with these things but not habitual. Thank God I don't have serious flight sickness.

I dragged my lazy arse to the baggage claim area to the baggage carousel and squinted my eyes open to watch out for my stuff. We have a lot of stuff to carry. I am glad that my parents know how to handle things here, unlike me, it's not their first time visiting here.

"Sweetie, come with me, your dad will pick up the luggage." And just like that, she dragged me to god knows where. I was gaining my consciousness back as I realized we were in the restroom.

"Sweetie, just wash your face because you are looking like a dead banshee, also all people were gazing at you." mom said but I lost it at the moment when she said dead banshee.

"Mom, the banshee was a dead woman, so you don't have to mention that specifically."

"But, you are not dead." I should never try to outdo her.

"Okay! Not saying anything anymore" I rolled my eyes as I knew there would be no use in arguing with her.

I washed my face and looked in the mirror.

"Ahhh!!" I yelled

"What happened?" My mom rushed up to me.

"MY FACE! My whole make got ruined." I seriously have to stop drooling and rubbing out my face.

"Thank God, no one is here or you would be the laughing stock of the airport. Now take this." Mom sighed and gave me the wet wipe which she always carried with her. I cleaned off my messed-up mascara and eyeliner as it was rubbed all over my eyes.

I take my phone out to check the time. I know that India is 9 hrs 30 minutes forward than Miami, but I have taken an 18 hrs 15 mins flight to India, and it was 7 am there when the plane took off from New York. I am not gonna trust my mathematical skills and will directly see the time, as I have already set my phone according to India's time, back in Miami.

"Mom it's currently 10:50 am here on Tuesday morning and 1:20 am in Miami. "

"I know it, Sweetie, now let's go" I nodded after disposing of the used wipe. As we walked out, I observed that dad was already standing there with all our luggage, but he wasn't alone. He was chatting with someone. We walked up to them.

"Uhh...Mr. Ahuja, this is my wife Katherine Buffett as you already know, and my beloved daughter Katie Buffett."

"Hello Mrs. Buffett, it's so nice to meet you again," He shakes hands with my mom and turns towards me.

"And hello Katie, I am Karthik Ahuja, your dad's company's ambassador in India." He shakes hands with me in a very professional manner that I feel like I am the boss here. Now that explains why he is here.

"Hello Mr. Ahuja" I greeted and then the realization hit me. I am in India, more specifically in New Delhi and all people are foreign to me and they will see me as a different species or worse as an alien. 

Omg, now anxiety is kicking in my veins. Mom noticed my behavior had changed, so she kept her hand on my back and rubbed it. It soothes my nerves down.

"Excuse me and my daughter for some minutes." Dad nodded while talking to Mr. Ahuja. Mom dragged me away from them.

"Mom, what are you doing?" I asked as I started getting irritated because coming here is the biggest mistake of my life.

"Want to show you something." I watched our surroundings. People were rushing in, some of them waiting and then some people were in their world. There were people from all over the world. Next, I watched the interiors of the airport.