Chapter Three

Cliff couldn't believe what he was seeing. This really couldn't be happening, could it? The angle was a bit weird but from where Cliff was standing he could see Kirk and his step-dad making out on the couch. At first he was shocked, not truly trusting his eyes, and had to actually rub at them as if the scene before him would magically disappear. But when he opened his eyes once again, Kirk was still playing tonsil hockey with James.

Cliff wanted to be mad or upset, but he couldn't even bring himself to be jealous for that matter. Kirk wasn't his boyfriend, per se, but he was still possessive towards him and that meant no one else could touch him. It wasn't an official rule or anything, but it went without saying. But despite all of that, Cliff found himself becoming more intrigued than anything else. So intrigued that he stepped further into the room to get a better view.

He felt the heat rush to his face as soon as he saw what was really happening. Both men had their hands in each other's laps and were currently groping at their obvious erections. Neither of them still hadn't noticed Cliff come in because he was so in awe of the whole situation that all sound had left him entirely. Cliff wasn't even sure if he was still breathing or not. Cliff suddenly felt embarrassed, like he walking in on something he shouldn't have, but he didn't turn away and leave.

He just stood there and watched as his step-dad kissed and fondled his best friend on the sofa. The same sofa where Cliff, James, and Cliff's mom watched tv together. He'd never be able to sit down on that couch with his mom ever again... Then a thought occurred to him. James was a married man. Why was he doing this? And why wasn't Cliff more pissed off about it. The arrangement between him and Kirk was one thing, but shouldn't Cliff be furious that James is cheating on his mother? Shouldn't he be scrambling to find some way to get in contact with his mom and tell her that her husband is tongue fucking an eighteen year old boy.

But Cliff doesn't do anything. Can't do much of anything, to be honest. But then Kirk let out a soft noise that made Cliff's face flush and Cliff knew he couldn't just idly standby any longer. He mustered up all the strength he had left in his lungs, took a step forward, and made his presence known after standing there for what felt like an agonizingly long time.

"What the hell is going on?" Cliff demanded weakly, voice cracking because he was so flustered.

He couldn't trust the strength of his own voice and it resulted in making his ears ring as he heard it. Kirk was the one to break away from James, immediately yanking his hands away from the older man like he'd just got caught stealing a cookie from the cookie jar. Kirk couldn't quite meet Cliff's gaze, no doubt feeling guilty, because he knew what he was doing was forbidden. Not just because of the age difference or the fact that James was married, but because you don't go around fucking your best friend's step-parent. It was an unwritten, unspoken rule and Kirk had broke it.

Kirk opened his mouth to explain himself, though lets be honest he hadn't the slightest idea on how he could talk his way out of this one, but James beat him to the punch.

"Just spending some quality time with Kirk here," James said nonchalantly, caressing Kirk's thigh. "Keeping each other company."

"What about mom?" Cliff asked dimly.

"She's not here right now. You of all people should know that," James replied sarcastically.

Yeah, well, no shit Sherlock, Cliff scoffed internally.

"So this is what you do when you're home alone? You just fool around with high school boys?" Cliff inquired vehemently, blood boiling.

He wasn't so much mad at Kirk, he could easily forgive Kirk because they weren't official or anything, but James? Taking advantage of someone soft-spoken and timid like Kirk and being unfaithful was taking it a step too far. Or, at least, that's what he reminded himself.