17 - Unexpected Occurrence

Nick's POV

Okay so ever since I started hanging out with the guys, mason and Charles and their little annoying group have kind of backed away.

Every now and then I'll have an encounter, but definitely not as much as before.

Why the hell did I not do this sooner?

To be honest I'm not feeling great at the moment, I just spent 40 minutes walking to school, I usually spend 15. It's like everything hurts.

I mean Len wasn't too nice to me last night but it's never been this sore after a beating.

It's as if there's a fire burning it's way inside out, like I'm broken, badly broken.

I have English first and I am late. Great. Still have the anxiety of when you show up late and everyone stares at you as you shamefully walk to your seat.

God it gives me shudders just thinking about it. The bell rang 10 minutes ago, so I am definitely very late.

Just breathe.

And open the door.

Simple

Breath

Open

Eyes

All eyes on me.

Fuck.

I made my way to my seat after the teacher interrogated me in front of everyone, brilliant. But she got back into the lesson pretty quickly so that's good.

But when break came around and I went to sit with the guys, they also seemed suspicious.

"Are you okay? You're like never late?" Johnny started.

"I'm fine, just took a while getting to school is all" I smiled convincingly. Or at least I thought it was convincingly.

"Right, you looked in pain when you arrived?" Kellin continued.

"I'm fine" I tried to reassure, even though I most definitely wasn't, the pain in my chest was getting sharper and it was starting to sway my vision.

"Listen, we know what you are like-" I didn't get a chance to hear what Oli was going to say as my vision just went black.

I couldn't hear

Couldn't see

Couldn't

Feel?

At least my chest didn't hurt anymore am I right.

Positivity.

What's that?

Lloyd's POV

All of us paced around the waiting room as nurses walked in and out of many different rooms, but unfortunately none for us.

We don't even know what happened, one minute we were talking to him and the next he was on the ground as Dan and Andy ran to get the school nurse.

Although what's the point, she'd probably just give him an ice pack and send him on his way.

Anyway, after he didn't wake up for a while, the office decided to call an ambulance and they've been checking on him ever since.

School is still on but there's no way any of us are going back until we know Nick is going to be okay.

"Nicholas Matthews?" A nice looking nurse stepped out, she had blond hair and glasses that lay over her freckles.

"That's us" she was quite surprised when everyone stood up, noting how many of us there were, but not saying anything about it.

"Are any of you family?" She wondered and everyone shook there heads.

"Right, normally we'd only let family in but I need to inform you of some things" we nodded along, confused at to what she meant.

"So, the reason he was feeling pain was because of a broken rib, it's not that bad but that'll be why he fainted. Thank god it didn't puncture a lung or something" she began and we were shocked at the outcome. How the hell did he get a broken rib?

"So, we've run some other tests and I just want to ask, does Nick participate in any aggressive sports, like boxing or martial arts? You know, that kind of thing" she wondered, getting her clipboard out to presumably jot down whatever we were going to say.

"No? Not that we know of, he does running but that's it, and even then, he only started that a few weeks ago" Patty explained to her and she nodded along, trying to work things out.

"Right, do you know if anyone is hurting him?" We were all confused at that question,

"I mean he gets bullied at school, but they're laying off him at the moment so not really?" Andy looked around to see if anyone thought different, but everybody agreed.

"Right, that's the reason I didn't call his parents. We've found multiple previously heeled injuried that didn't really heal properly and a bunch of bruises, scratches and scars etcetera....and a very common reason for this is...well, child abuse" our eyes went wide. Child abuse? Surly not. Then again, we've never met his parents, and he is always getting injured a lot.

"I'll leave that with you, maybe you can try and talk to him when he wakes up, you can go see him but he is asleep currently" she smiled nicely before leading us to his room, and there he was. Asleep on the hospital bed. He didn't even look that bad, just a little pale.

"Right, I'll leave you guys with him, remember to talk to him when he wakes up" we all nodded at her and she closed the door after exiting.

Guess we just need to wait for him to wake up.

***

Okay so I really want to finish this, I'm sorry if it's going a bit rushed but idk.

Also, @Himena_Ayo suggested to change the Kevin to the one from Escape The Fate, so, even though I don't really know who he is, I'll just change it to that. I might need to change little aspects like descriptions and stuff but who knows if I'll actually end up doing so lol, but yeah thank you for suggesting that.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed this chapter :)