Chapter 2

Blake's POV
I started to wake up as I heard my son Sal, calling me.

Sal: Dad, wake up Dr. Fleeck wants us in the cargo bay.

I blinked a couple of times then got up and stretched. I saw that everyone else had left leaving me and Sal. Seeing that I was awake, he smiled. I smiled back and then spoke.

Blake: Did he say what for?

I ask as I started walking towards the exit
as Sal walked next to me.

Sal: Briefed is on the mission and told us what we were doing. Asked me to come wake you up.

Blake: That's good. I guess we are almost over the drop zone?

Sal: I believe so.

We then entered the cargo bay and I saw everyone with a parachute on their back. I saw two others, so me and Sal got ours on, as Dr. Fleeck walked over to the group.

Dr. Fleeck: Kay, everyone geared up?

We gave him a thumbs up.

Dr. Fleeck: Good, now you will need these.

He then held out ear pieces and we all grabbed one and put them in.

Dr. Fleeck: These earbuds will allow us to communicate while you are on the ground. We will keep you updated on anything we find.

We then hear a beep and a red light comes on.

Dr. Fleeck: Kay, you know what to do. Also, what name should we give you all?

Before anyone could give their ideas I spoke up.

Blake: Team Nemesis.

Dr. Fleeck nodded and the kids also nodded.

Dr. Fleeck: Well then, once it hits green, your good to jump. Good hunting out there.

He said as he jogged back to the cockpit. Then the cargo bay doors opened and we saw we were high up and were going over the forest. As we approached we stopped halfway, and waited. Then the lights turned green and we ran down and jumped. All of us made it out and were free falling down. We tried to stay together while giving each other space. Once we got low enough, we pulled our chutes then glided to the ground.

I landed and got the chute off, and looked around. David, Gavin, and Jake were with me while the rest walked out of the trees. Once we were accounted for, I gathered them around.

Blake: Kay, the cave is about three miles north of here. Knowing that, we will split into two teams. One will be traveling to the cave while the other will scout around. Knowing that this area has the foresters, we need to know what's going on here due to their recent activity. Sal, Christina, Jacqueline, and Namie will be on scouting duty. David, Gavin, Jake, and Sophine will come with me to the cave. After we search the cave, I will radio out to rendezvous at a chosen location. Understood?

Everyone nodded.

Blake: Kay let's go, we don't have much time.

They nodded as we split up into our teams and separated. Me and my team began hiking to the cave, keeping an eye out for any foresters. We hiked for quite sometime until we arrived at the cave. Upon reaching it I stopped, as my heart began to gain speed. My kids noticed this and became worried.

David: Dad, you okay?

I shook my head.

Blake: Yeah, I'm okay.

I wasn't really though since, this was the cave in my nightmare. It was linked to this place somehow and as for why, I didn't know. We walked in and saw a large corridor and walked down it into an area with many beds and such.