Chapter 2

Betty Pov
My life was never how I intended it to be , it was to be honest messy and disappointing.Even though my life has been 'perfect' since I was adopted I always felt like it wasn't where I was meant to be . I loved my mum and dad , occasionally my sister , but I felt as if I needed something more . Like whenever I watched the Star Wars  or Harry Potter which were my favourite films of all time I had a longing to be there . To be training with yoda in space or perhaps having an ongoing rivalry with draco .However I was stuck in my little town .

Until I wasn't .

August 8th
Slamming my hand on my phone to silence the obnoxious beeping coming from it ,I roll back into my duvet .

*beep**beep*

Snooze already ? I question as I roll over to my nightstand .Instead it's Jamie my bestfriend ringing , it's to early to talk to her but I guess it must be urgent.

"Where are you ?"She shouts into the phone waking me up completely.As I try to piece together my scattered head it comes to me .

Shit.

"Oh god Jamie I forgot , I'm in bed . Coach is going to kill me"I hastily say whilst I scramble around my closet for my gym wear.

"That's the second time this week Betty ."she reminds me "Get your butt here now I will try cover for you"I quickly hang up as I see my basketball jersey on the bottom of my dresser

Five minutes later I still look half asleep but I now have my face washed and clothes on . I shove a few school books in my bag , slamming my bedroom door by accident in a hurry .

When I reach the kitchen I check the clock , it's already 6:45 and basketball practice starts in 15 minutes . I wish the bus would come easier so I wouldn't have to walk to practice in the mornings , which takes me 20 minutes.

Great.

My new shoes are no where to be found, I know everyone is asleep apart from my mother who is watching good morning Britain  in the lounge . Hoping for anything I start shouting if anyone knows where they are . After a few calls my mother walks quickly into the hall way and hands me them.She seems to know where everything is .

"Stop shouting they are asleep" I hear a loud thud from tamzin's room contradicting her words.I raise my eyebrow at her as she rolls her eyes .

I quickly give my mum a kiss on the cheek and say my goodbyes before running out of the door.

Ten minutes into the walk and I realise I left my spear clothes at home . Could this day get any worse ? As much as I love going to a school in the UK with no uniform it sure is an inconvenience sometimes.I guess it's lost and found I will be rocking today .