Chapter 3

Milly pov
I was always the princess,everywhere i went that was how I was seen.I would agree with the people who thought that of me but I would choose rupunzel . She was beautiful and technically a princess but her whole life she was locked inside. In some ways I feel like her , as if on the outside I'm the girl with perfect life . I have lots of friends sure , I'm classed as the 'popular girl' whatever that means.Inside I am so alone , I have always searched for a family . Not the normal type but a family who chose one another , who understand each other . A group of friends who you know me truly , I guess I should have stopped wishing for those things that would never come true when I was younger . But to my amazement they did .

August 8th
Luckily after almost a week of assignments from my boss I had a few weeks off . I never thought assassination would make you so worn out but I definitely feel the ace of my muscles as I climb out of bed . Running after people sometimes really doesn't help for double PE in school which I have today .

Once I have climbed out of bed I go into the kitchen hoping to just once see my mum there . Once again my dreams are gone , the only company I will have is the note stating twenty pounds is on the side and to get myself some lunch.If only she knew how much money I had .

Pouring myself some granola I sit watching friends. Just as Phoebe is singing smelly cat my phone rings , my mums name flashes on the screen. Excited by the unusual act I quickly press accept and turn the tv down .

"Mum?" I sound like an excited child on Christmas morning .

"Oh hi hun, I was just calling to ask if you had seen my makeup bag anywhere?"she sounds stressed on the other side of the phone .

"No Mum sorry"I say coldly . I don't care if she notices , I am so fed up of the lack of care she shows for me .I hear a sigh from her.

"Ok well I must have left it at Pete's"Oh yes Pete my mother's boyfriend . Who I have never met which isn't surprising because I hardly ever see my her .

"Bye mum" I huff. The line goes dead, not even a reply. I push it out of my mind and decide to choose my clothing for today .

Opening my very dark themed closet I find some dark blue jeans and a white tank top . Deciding to put my black leather jacket on top I close the closet.The time is 7 am when I check my phone and I have another hour before I need to be at school .

I choose to do update my Instagram adding some new pics from when I visited a coffee shop. I loved it in there ,  so peaceful and quirky .After only 10 minutes at least 30 girls I am 'friends' with compliment me . As nice as it is they don't effect me , or give me confidence.As much as I love to be recognised for my looks I prefer people to want to compliment me because they know who I  am . Complimenting on my choice of places to visit or the quotes I post . I can't expect that though because none of my 'friends' are really friends.

By the time I have updated my social media platforms it's nearly time to leave. I decide to grab my school bag and take a slow walk to school.Trying to get in the best mood I can , plastering on a bit more of my fake smile every corner I turn .

Seeing the huge green gates to the school I quietly complain to myself . Here we go again