Chapter Nineteen

"I'm going to get dinner started while you guys chat" my mom said getting up.

It was only 3pm. We were having a late lunch/early dinner.

"So Noah, you live in LA" my dad asked.

"Yes sir" he said.

"How is it?"

"It's very nice. I have a lot of friends that I live with. Everyone there is very nice, and I just have a good time." Noah said smiling.

"That's good. Stella keeps saying she wants to move there but I'm not too sure. We want her to stay and go to college here" my dad said. I rolled my eyes.

"College is good you should stay here" Noah said looking at me.

I shook my head at him. He gave me a slight smile.

"Stella remember what we said?" My dad asked.

"About?" I asked.

"We aren't discussing this right now. I'll be back" my dad said as he got up and walked into the kitchen.

"Was it something I said?" Noah asked looking worried.

"No no you're okay" I said placing my hand on his leg.

He grabbed my hand and held it.

"Like my dad said, he doesn't want me moving to LA. He thinks it's all about parties and drinking and drugs. But I don't want to live here forever." I sighed.

"You don't have to. Your parents don't control your life. My parents weren't completely for me moving to LA. But they supported me once they realized how happy I was. Show your dad what makes you happy"

"I will thank you"

He smiled at me.

I wanted to kiss him so bad but I fear my dad will randomly walk in.

"Also, I didn't know you wanted a family?" I mentioned.

"Yeah" he said looking down smiling. "I've always wanted to be a dad. I know that's rare now a days. I feel like a lot of influencers just want to party. But that's not me."

"I love that" I smiled.

"I figured" he laughed. "I remember on the first date you said you wanted to be a mom. I was so happy. Not because I wanted to marry you or anything. It's just I can see you being a great mom." He blushed.

"Aww. Noah that's cute"

He smiled big.

"I can see you being a great dad" I said to him.

"Dinner's ready!" My mom yelled from the kitchen. Noah and I laughed and got up.

We ate chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes. It was really good.

We talked some more and I could tell my parents really liked Noah.

-

After dinner we all chilled on the couch for a bit. Still talking.

My parents love to ask millions of questions. It's never silent at our house.

"Have you ever been to a party?" My dad asked Noah.

"Dad" I laughed.

"Um yess sir I have" Noah said.

I shook my head.

"Have you Stella?" My dad asked me.

"Yes dad. I'm 19"

"When was this?"