Chapter 12: Camila

It's been about half an hour since we left Skylar in Lauren's room. We texted her mom to let her know that Skylar was going to sleepover because we have a "project". She was fine with it because, to her, we're still like Skylar's sisters. She doesn't have a clue what's happened in the last few years.

Skylar's probably asleep by now. I kind of want to go check on her. See if she's okay.

"Hey guys, wanna go check on Skylar?" I ask, interrupting the movie we were watching.

"Why?" Ally asks, pausing the movie.

I shrug, "It's been like 30 minutes since we saw her. We should probably make sure she's not doing something she shouldn't be."

"Good point. I don't need her messing with any more of my things." Lauren says, getting up.

Normani says, "Alright, let's get this over with."

Dinah whines, "Ugh, I was just getting comfortable."

The five of us make our way up the stairs and into Lauren's room. Lauren takes out the key from her pocket to unlock the door. We slowly creek the door open and pop our heads in to see a peaceful sleeping Skylar.

I walk towards the bed and stand next to her. I can't help but smile.

Wow, I miss having her as my little sister.

I sit down on the bed and bring her closer to me. I stroke her hair and watch her breathe in and out peacefully in her sleep.

I miss having her around. I miss having her in my life. I miss her.

"So, do you guys think she'll listen to us?" Normani asks.

I look up to see the other girls sitting on the bed.

"What?" I ask.

"Do you think she'll stop seeing Mark?" Normani repeats.

I furrow my eyebrows at her, "She better." I mumble out, looking back down at the girl in my arms.

"If she doesn't, we'll just teach her another lesson." Dinah shrugs.

"Honestly, we're doing this for her own good. I wish she could see that." Normani says.

"I mean, considering the way we've treated her since freshman year, why would she?" Ally says.

"What else were we supposed to do Ally? The only way we were able to be in some part of her life was to treat her like that. You know what we were told." I say.

"Do you guys ever regret that decision?" Ally asks.

"No." I reply, coldly.

But, deep down, I did. And, I'm pretty sure that the girls knew that I did.

"I do. From time to time." Normani confesses.

"I mean, like Camz said, what else were we supposed to do?" Lauren says.

Ally sighs, "I don't know. I just wish we could stop."

"If we stop, we won't be in any part of her life." Dinah says.

"This is better than losing her completely." I add, unconsciously pulling Skylar a little closer to me.

"I know. I-I just wish it was different." Ally says.

We all sigh and look down at her. Lauren mumbles, "Trust me. We all do."

Skylar begins to fidget in my arms, making me look down at her.