Chapter 1

"Silver medalist and the sitting spin Queen of Philippines, Clarissa Monette Fabrigas"  I took a deep breath when the announcer called my name, the last competitor today. 

"Monette!" My Mom slash coach called. I saw her running towards me carrying a bottle of water, she handed the battle on me and I drink to ease the nervousness I am feeling. Mom grabbed me by both shoulders and gently squeezed it and as usual it helped me a bit to relax. She looked me in the eyes and smiled 

"You can do this, aim for the prize Monette" She said encouragingly.

"CM! CM! CM!" 

"Heard that? They are cheering for you, go make them proud!" I nodded and took a deep breath again before stepping out of the back stage. And as I enter the rink, everyone's shouting for my name, cheering for me. And that's enough to boost my confidence. 

I can do this, you're used to this. Sisiw nalang to sayo. I said to myself. 

I smiled confidently as I went nearer in front of the judges. Eyes on the prize Monette, eyes on the prize!, I keep on telling myself for me to have the motivation to do best and win. There's no room for mistakes I've been waiting this for a long time, I am already here. I have to sacrifice a great deal to achieve it and I don't want to miss and waste all of my efforts just to be here. Wearing a red tube dress paired with my nude skate shoes in a pony tail look, I positioned myself on the center. Waiting for my music on which will be my cue, I made a bow first in front of the judges and crowd. And as the music started everyone shut their mouth and focused on watching me as I do the stunts. Playing Camila Cabello's havana I danced freely owning the rink feeling the steps I choreograph myself.

"Sit spin! Sit spin! Sit spin!"  The crowd chanted waiting for me to do their favorite stunt of mine. And I didn't disappoint them I positioned myself at the center where the judges can see me nearer and pull the stunt, I did the double toe loop first and balance myself before doing the sit spin, after doing that I did the flip jump and lutz. The crowd went crazier after pulling that stunt and that made a smile on my face as I also saw the amazement eyes of the judges. 

The gold medal Monette, you're almost there!  whispering to myself.

I danced and repeat the stunt I made earlier until the music ends. I made a bow again to both judges and audience and hurriedly came back at the bleachers where the coaches are there and mom welcomed me with a tight hug as she happily whispered on my ears.

"Panalo ka na, I'm so proud of you darling"  I smiled widely at that thought.

"Sana nga Mom, I want to go home already" I said.

We remained here in America just to train for a few years, We committed so much of our time to this but despite of the heavy training I see too it na hindi ma aapektuhan ang pag aaral ko. I still balance my studies and heavy trainings kahit na nandito ako sa ibang bansa.

"Don't worry sweetheart, like I promised you'll have your one week vacation there pag nag top ka" she said. I pouted

"Paano pag hindi nag top?" Mom shook her head immediately and it seemed impossible for her to happen.

"I doubt that" I just shrugged at her thought. I know one week is a short time but for me who greed so much to win, Its enough. I have my priorities and relaxing's not one of them. I dreamed of this for a long time at unti unti ko na itong naabot ngayon, hindi na pwedeng pa petiks petiks lang, Its my passion and dream I'm talking about here. 

We both went on our dressing room where my co-competitors are also there changing clothes and waiting for the results. 

"Monette!" 

"Blace" My co-competitor and my only friend here in this field called and hugged me as soon as she got closer to me.

"You rock earlier" praising me as she let go of her hug

"Like you didn't too?" 

"Oh please, you did better"

"Stop praising me that much Blace I don't have money to give you" I laughingly told her.

"Results! Results!" That fast!? I saw one of the judges shouted as she waved on her hands the results. Suddenly again, I was nervous. My heart's beating faster than earlier while I was performing. 

"Let's check it out" Pag aya ni Blace sa akin. She didn't wait for me, Blace hurried to where the judge posted the result.

"Hindi mo ba titignan?" Mom asked me. I turned my gaze to her.

"Later" I said. As I silently prayed hoping my name's on the list for the semi finals.

"Yes! Yes! Yes!" I saw Rina jumping with glee. She made it!

You can see different emotions here in the room. Some are pleased with the results and I can even see some of the competitors crying, assuming they didn't made it to the top.

Take a deep breath Monette, be positive! You did your best. I said, comforting myself. Mom just patted my shoulders. I closed my eyes tightly as I let out a heavy sigh and went to the bulletin where the result was posted. I look at the names below to the top and I don't see my name yet, I am starting to panic, pataas ng pataas hanggang sa makarating ako sa pinaka una.

1. Clarissa Monette Fabrigas  (Philippines)          
2. Joey Smith  (Canada)                                         
3. Blace Lincoln (U.S.A)                                 

Top 1!? Fuck I made it! I made It! I am now smiling widely as I run towards mom.

"Mom I made it! Top 1!" She hugged me tightly, and I can see happiness in her eyes.

"I know you'll make it to the top sweetheart, Congratulations!" 

"Well, well, top1" I turned my gaze at her, Blace.

"Hey top 3!" I said and hug her to congratulate.

"See you on semi-finals?" she said.

"Let's do that." I said, as we parted our ways. Looks like I'm going home. Hello again Philippines!