Sweet Roll Bandit. Ch: 12

I made my way back from killing the Bard and the Vampires.
Stopping at every house, market place and town I passed to steal sweet rolls.
I took my large sack from house to house filling it with the sweet breaded treats.
Starting the urban legend of the
Sweet Roll Bandit.
Even today guards all over will ask if someone stole their sweet roll.
Little did they know it was I,
I was the Sweet Roll Bandit.

Skipping back towards the secret entrance of the Dark Brotherhood, I breathed in the cool night air.
Astrid and Babette were chatting in the front hall.
"I think we should at least look into it.
We need to get the Dark Brotherhood name back out there." Babette huffed crossing her arms.
"Fine, I will talk to her when she... Speak of the Devil." Astrid greeted me as I walked in.

"You are going to go to Volunruud and accept the contract.
I want you to go and see what they want. It can't hurt to know." Astrid sighed marking a spot on my map.
"Great. I'll take care of that later, I'm exhausted." I walked away, back towards my room.
"Okay, get some sleep.
I want it done tomorrow." She called after me.

There was a gentle humming coming from inside my room.
I sighed, It is so nice to be home.
Gently knocking on the wall, the room went silent.
"(Y/n)? Is that you?" Cicero called.
Walking into the room I was tackled by the red blur that was Cicero.
"The Sweet Roll Bandit has returned..." I bellowed evilly.
"The what?" Cicero asked confused.
I handed him the large sack.
He opened it eyes glowing with joy.
"Have you not heard of the sweet roll bandit?" I gasped smirking down at him.

"It is said that, if you leave out a sweet roll out for the Sweet Roll Bandit it won't steal and eat you." I made a creepy face and grabbed Cicero.
I made fake nibbling noises kissing his neck.
"Aahhhh, get back Sweet Roll Bandit!" He giggled pushing me away from him, and stuffing a sweet roll in my mouth.

"The Sweet Roll Bandit has been satisfied, for now... But be weary for the Sweet Roll Bandit also craves flesh!" I mumbled tickling him viciously.
We both laughed until we were both rolling on the ground.
"I missed this." I sighed leaning my head on his shoulder.
"Cicero agrees, it's been one week, three days, 17 hours, and... far to long." He sighed turning pink.

"You're only gonna make time go slower if you count how long it takes me to get back." I scolded sitting up.
He let out a little sigh, and a sad ping hit my heart.
"Speaking of which, Astrid told me to go check out the Volunruud contract." I sighed pulling him off the ground.
"That's wonderful! But you'll leave again..." Cicero pouted.
"I know... I leave first thing tomorrow morning." I huffed.

"Ugggh, Astrid waits over a month and now she wants it done now?!" Cicero exclaimed angrily.
"Yeah yeah, I know it seems ridiculous, but... ok it is. I don't have time to worry about her sensibility. I need to get to bed, if I want to get there at a reasonable time and make it back within the same day."
I reckoned ruffling Cicero's hair.
"So you will be back tomorrow?" He exclaimed excitedly.
"I will try to be, Goodnight my fool of hearts." I gently kissed him and got into bed.

~Time Skip Stolen by Sweet Roll Bandit ~

I awoke to the sharp clattering of dishes.
Looking over towards the table I saw Cicero putting steaming food onto plates.
Sitting up I stretched my back cracking loudly.
"Good Morning Sunshine!" Cicero smirked his sing-song voice made my heart flutter.
"Good morning, The food smells wonderful." I yawned making my way to the table.

"What time is it?" I questioned eyeing him critically.
"Around 4:15..." He swallowed looking down.
"WHY ARE YOU UP SO EARLY?!" I demanded sitting up exasperated.
"Well... Cicero didn't exactly sleep."
He confessed shaking slightly.
"Cicero... I... never mind, it can't be helped now. You just better get some sleep when I leave." I huffed.

Cicero served me a warm porridge and hot buttered bread.
I took a spoonful and blew on it to cool it.
It tasted sweet and earthy, with a hint of tartness, absolutely delicious.
"This is amazing... where did you learn to cook like this?" I muttered mouth full of bread.
"Years and years of practice." He smiled a hint of sadness in his eyes.

I quickly finished breakfast and stood up.
"Cicero, I swear you'd make a wonderful husband." I smirked giving him a wink.
His face turned bright red and he giggled.
"Anyways, I'm off. Get some sleep." I waltzed over to him and gave him a quick kiss.
"Good Byeee, be safe... I love you!" Cicero blurted, as I walked out of the room.
"Love you too!" I responded peaking my head back around the corner.

My heart fluttered as I walked through the hall.
I nearly ran over Astrid in my oblivious day dreaming.
"Oh good, you're awake. I was just going to go get you." She divulged eyeing me.
"Yep, on my way out. I should be back sometime tonight." I nodded smiling.
"Someone is chipper this morning...Why?" Astrid eyed me up and down crossing her arms.

"No reason. Just excited, things are finally looking up." I explained making my way down the hall.
"Right... Safe travels Sister." She shrugged walking away.

~~Time Skip by Obvious Corruption~~