Key To Your Heart

Based off of a prompt.

You may need to finish this whole page in order to see what it is.
Also I suck at writing, just a heads-up.
Also, depending on the oneshot, their personalities are different.

This oneshot is an AU now.

-----------------------------------------

There was once a man so charming. His looks and charisma had made everyone reach out for him.

Yet no one ever could.

No matter how many times one has tried, he would not be swayed.

Until one day, he put up a challenge to all his suitors:

"If any of you manage to take this key and enter into my house, then I will consider."
He proposed.

The key was guarded by one of his parrots; gently hung around it's neck like a precious piece of jewelry.

"The task is simple, is it not?"

.
.
.

Not quite.

Many of his suitors have tried to take the key from the bird.
Some have attempted to capture it, trap it, and/or gain it's trust; but the parrot was always smarter.

As the days passed, many of them had given up.

Except me.

"I wonder where it is..." I say, peeking over the stone wall that surrounded the small cottage.
There was a soft chirp from beside me.
I looked to the side to see the parrot, with he key dangling from it's neck, standing there.

My eyes widened slightly as I gazed back.

"Hey there, little guy" I smiled, watching as it tilted it's small head to the side. I reached into my bag and grabbed a small brown weaved pouch. I shook it a little. The contents inside making tiny clicks.

I looked at the small green bird.
"Want a snack?" I asked, opening up the bag filled with sunflower seeds.
"These are really good, trust me."

I grabbed one, popping it into my mouth and ate.
The parrot looked at the bag, and stuffed it's head inside.

Pfft–

"Woah, okay, slow down or else you'll spill the bag."

It continued to rummage through the pouch, supposedly eating the sunflower seeds.

"See? I told you they're pretty good."

Chirp!

It seemed happy at the moment.

For the rest of the afternoon, I spent sitting by the garden of the cottage, eating sunflower seeds with the Parrot.
The Parrot that belonged to the one and only:

Dream.

Soon the sun was starting to set.
I needed to get home as soon as possible, since my home was quite far from where this person lived.