Chapter One

I woke up to the loud snoring of my best friend, Savannah. I groaned as I shook her awake.

"Hey, get up. We have classes to get to." I said to her. She mumbled something I couldn't understand into the pillow, then pushed me off the bed.

I laughed as I picked myself up and walked over to my dresser. I picked out a shirt and a pair of jeans, then walked into the bathroom for a shower. As I stripped down I thought about everything that happened last night.

I remember we were at our friend Mac's house. Mac said we were just watching movies with a couple of our other friends and her parents wouldn't be home until late the next day. Savannah and I stayed until about 12:30. We left when Mac's boyfriend, Jesse, showed up with alcohol. Mac had the parents that would call the police if they needed. We've all been caught drinking by the police, but they gave us a warning when we convinced them it wouldn't happen again.

I interrupted my thoughts and got into the steaming shower. I was in there for no more than five minutes when Savannah was pounding on the door yelling for me to get out. I waited another minute before turning the water off and getting out.

I quickly dressed in a pair of light skinny jeans and a black tee shirt, then grabbed my brush and walked out of the bathroom.

"About time." Savannah mumbled to me as she walked into the bathroom and started undressing.

I walked over to my bed and sat down when I realized I haven't checked my phone yet. I reached over to the nightstand and grabbed my phone.

4 missed calls, 9 unread messages.

I sighed as I unlocked my phone. Three missed calls from mom and one from my stepdad. Probably just calling to ask where I was last night. All but one of the texts was from my mom telling me to call her as soon as possible. The last text was from my friend Shae.

Shae Scott is the serious girl in our group. She gets great grades in school, her parents think she's an angel, and knows how to sweet talk her way out of everything. Guys talk to Shae all the time. Most guys I've talked to said they would date her, but she's so oblivious that she doesn't realize the boys who stare at her in the hallways. Shae always knows what she wants, and she always gets what she wants. That's just who she is.

"Whatcha doing?" Savannah asked as she walked out of the bathroom wrapped in a towel.

"Just checking my phone.." I replied. I watched as she walked over to a pile of clothes laying on the floor that I assumed were the clothes she wore yesterday. She picked up a pair of dark blue bootcut jeans and went over to my dresser to find a shirt.

I walked into the bathroom to do my makeup and give her some privacy to change. Savannah followed me inside shortly after to do her own makeup. We did foundation, eyeliner, and mascara. When I finished I looked over at Savannah who was doing her mascara.

Savannah has always been pretty. The kind of pretty that's untouchable to boys. They get mesmerized by her confident personality and princess-like looks. Savannah's got long blonde hair and a tall, thin body. All the boys want to date her and all the girls want to be her.

That's where Savannah and I are different.

I've heard many people say I'm pretty, but I disagree. I'm slightly overweight, and my smile is crooked. I've got choppy, brown hair that goes all the way down my back and big, brown eyes. Honesty, i don't really care what people think of me.

I stared at myself in the mirror before taking one final glance and walking out the door. I grabbed my school books off my bed and shoved then in my backpack.