See You Again

Pairing: Shay Cormac
Warning: none
Note: I realized I'm like, four months behind this request. I either did not get a notification or I did but I forgot about it and I apologize for the delay. A quick note before you begin reading this chapter, the reader is genderless/gender neutral. I'd also like to apologize if there are any she/her pronouns. Please point them out and I will fix them.  
Requested by: EverNightForest

"Easy there. I'm not here to hurt you." 

Crouched down to the child's level, Shay held out his hand for the child to take. 

"You're scared, I know that. You don't need to be." 

Tugging their red cloak closer to their shaking body, the child examined Shay from top to bottom. 

Weapons. Lots of weapons. 

He's going to hurt me

Shay followed the child's line of sight. He took off his weapons belt then his hidden blades. He chucked them over his shoulder. 

"There. How about now?"

The child shuffled a bit closer to Shay. Enough for Shay to pick the child up. 

He placed the child on his hip before walking back to the homestead. 

I need to remember to come back and grab my belt and hidden blades before Liam kills me if he finds out. 

"What was I supposed to do then?! Leave them there?!" 

Sitting on a chair, the child sipped on a cup of hot tea. Sitting beside them was Hope, rubbing her thumb on the child's back. 

"Shay's right. It looks like the child hasn't eaten anything in a good while," said Hope, handing the child a scone. 

"The child is your responsibility if the child chooses to stay then, Shay," said Achilles. "Seeing as you were the one who found them." 

Shay shrugged. 

"Alright. As long as I have the kid, that's all fine with me." 

"Alright, kid

"Alright, kid. I can call you "kid", right? Unless ya got a name or somethin'."

The child looked up at Shay, tilting their head to the side. 

"Kid it is." 

Taking Kid's hand, Shay started to guide them around the homestead. 

Nearing the woods, Kid stopped walking causing Shay to stop too. 

"See something, kid?" Shay asked, activating Eagle Vision. 

He looked around the forest and spotted something charging straight for them. The figure launched right at Kid. 

"Liam!" Shay shouted, yanking out his pistol. 

He stopped when he heard laughing and giggling causing Shay to lower his pistol. 

"Chiyo!" Kid laughed. "Chiyo!" 

Liam and Hope skidded to a stop, watching the scene unfold. 

"That's not a dog

"That's not a dog."

"Dog!" 

"It's a wolf!" 

"Dog!" 

"Wolf!" 

"Dog!" 

Shay's shoulders started to shake from laughter before pinching the bridge of his nose. 

"Kid, listen. That dog is as big as you and weighs twice, or thrice, as you."

"Dog!" Kid repeated, wrapping their arms around Chiyo's neck. 

"You should just give up, Shay," said Hope. "You're not changing their mind." 

Shay sighed. 

"Well, at least you can talk. Mind telling me your name?" 

Marching through the streets of Albany, Chiyo pushed past the busy crowds of people

Marching through the streets of Albany, Chiyo pushed past the busy crowds of people. Some people stared at Chiyo, wondering why exactly a child was sitting on his back. 

"Onwards, Chiyo! Onwards!" Y/n chanted. "We're almost there!" 

After Shay's betrayal, Y/n and Chiyo also disappeared from that night. Instead, the two chose to smuggle themselves off to New York. Boston was too close to the homestead and it would've given the assassins an easier chance to find Y/n and Chiyo. 

Once in New York, Chiyo picked up on Shay's scent. Chiyo and Y/n followed it to a house that an elderly couple named the Finnegans owned. 

"Oh, you're looking for Shay?" Cassidy asked. "Why, he left quite some time ago, little one. I believe Colonel Monro said he's gone to Fort Arsenal." 

Cassidy pointed in the direction of the Fort and Y/n thanked her before continuing on. 

Making it to the bridge connected to the Fort, Y/n and Chiyo stared at the block entrance. 

"Stay here, Chiyo. I'm going to climb." 

Grabbing a jutted out stone, Y/n placed one foot on the wall. 

"What are you doing?"

Halfway up the wall, Y/n looked back down to see two men. 

"Shay!" 

Shay grunted when Y/n launched themself at Shay. Hoisting them up in his arms, Shay peered down at Y/n. 

"I missed you." 

"Yeah, yeah. Missed you too and-wait, hold on. What about the assassins?!" 

Another apology. Sorry for all the time skips!