2

Hazel POV:

My thoughts on Gotham Academy?

It's an infestation of rich kids. 

The teachers seem rather dull, the students seem kinda lifeless, their eyes glazed over as they sit and do their work and study with  max intensity. The girls are all trimmed and pruned up, the boys are well dressed, polished and for the most part polite, and it is made very clear that I am the only one that's okay with being rough around the edges while everyone else hides it away in fear of judgement. I don't mind. I pity the students stuck in their little Barbie worlds forced to play the game of achieving perfection. 

I cruise through the day with only a few stumbles in my steps as I try to navigate this castle of a school, ignoring the voices that try to poke a thorn into my side. 

Some students smile in my direction, a well meaning attempt to be friendly, while others point out my shoes and compliment them. A few are even audacious enough to point at my sexy Jordans and call them an 'abomination to the world of fashion' or some shit, but I just laugh it off, ask for their name and memorize it in my head so I could write it down in the first Death Note I find. 

The bell rings, and a feeling of both dread and anticipation settles over my stomach as I realize what it signifies.

The hell or heaven of high-school life, the determining factor whether or not you're cool or a loser, the hour where students are mostly free to summon Satan, perform an exorcism, start an internet trend, murder the group snitch, have an orgy in the bathroom, sell their souls on Ebay  and sacrifice themselves to the seventeen moon gods all while eating turkey sandwiches.

Lunch.

I hated cafeteria food, so Ma had taken the liberty of making me a lovely, gourmet, absolutely delicious....

Lasagna.

God, I love lasagna. 

It's like the heavenly pasta cake of God  bestowed upon us as a blessing.  And Ma can take that blessing and make it taste a thousand times better because Ma's lasagna, is the BEST lasagna.

I would probably marry it!

 Then again, I'd marry any food in general, if it was a living, sentient being.

Unfortunately, I don't think that's exactly legal...

I walk in through the large cafeteria doors, the headphones over my ears playing a pretty old bop that I subtly bounce my feet along with, looking over the throng of students in grey and red uniforms, chatter, laughter and the smell of food in the air.

There are cliques, the prissy girls piled around the table in the middle, the jocks over by window being rambunctious, the study nerds spread out over by the far wall with books all over the tables. Everyone else is just mixing around with others, sitting down in their specific friend groups or walking around chatting.

The food smells pretty good, but as I walk over by the lunch line, I spot a kid put down a twenty buck bill and get no change, in return for a small bowl of mac and cheese. 

Instantly my blood boils. It's a total scam!

 Why was mac and cheese here $20? That's a f*cking crime against humanity- mac and cheese can only be 20-f*cking-dollars when there are magical unicorn tears and the blood of my enemies sprinkled into it! What the actual sh*t was wrong with these hoes? My mind starts racing, thinking up ways to torture these stupid ass lunch ladies for charging so damn much, before I stop and realize I was going off again, on the edge of having another episode. My fingers shake, and I take a breath to calm myself.