Chapter 2

Carter POV:

"Okay, let's get this straight. You were a zombie a couple of minutes ago until I decided to stupidly bite you. After that, you suddenly reverted to a human, which makes no sense!" I exclaimed slowly pushing myself from the wall and limping over to a crate I use as a seat.

"So you're saying that all of those zombie movies I've watched is the actual world right now?! And I was one of the monsters!" The former zombie screeched out.

"Yes. Now can you please hand me that white box behind you." I say trying to fix my leg that is currently hurting like hell.

"Oh, right, here. And thank you,..."

"Names Carter Calimeris. What's yours?"

"Well, thank you Carter Calimeris and I'm pretty sure it's Elliot. Elliot Bardin."

"Well Elliot, welcome back to the world of the living!" I state taking out a bandage and two sticks to attempt a makeshift splint.

"So Elliot, what is the last thing you remember?"

"Well, I don't really remember anything except my name... You're doing that wrong." Elliot says crouching down next to my leg and adjusting the two sticks.

"The way you were doing it would have made the bones grind against each other, causing even more pain and damage." Elliot inquired, wrapping the bandages tightly around the newly repositioned sticks. He stood up taking a few steps back and examining the room.

"Okay, well I guess it's safe to assume that you were in some form of a medical profession before the Aljan's came," I question standing up to test out my new splint. I really wonder how this guy is actually alive, I mean he was a fucking zombie! Could me biting him have actually turned him back to being human? No, that makes no sense I mean why would a bite turn him back to being human... Damn, he did do good with the splint though, there's barely any pain.

"Hey, Elliot."

"Yeah..."

"Do you feel aggressive in any way right now?"

"No, I don't feel like biting you and turning you into an Aljan, as you say, if that's what you're asking."

"Okay, just wanted to make sure." I refute, moving around some things to make a bed-ish thing for him to sleep on. I grab an old blanket I use when it gets really cold and place it on the floor.

"Listen to me, I am tired because I have been hunting and running all day, so if you don't mind I'm going to sleep. You can do whatever you want, but if you choose to sleep, there's the bed." I say pointing at the blanket I had placed on the floor for him.

"Oh, yeah, that's fine. I'll just sleep here then. Good night." Elliot sombered, trudging towards the blanket-bed. What am I doing?! I am actually talking and housing a guy that was a zombie a few minutes ago. Not to mention that he tried to eat me and made enough noise to attract even more zombies. I can't possibly trust him, I mean look at him. Sure he has brown hair and looks like a human, but he also has a long burn scar on his left cheek and RED eyes! I know that I shouldn't have even saved him, but he was a human! I think. I don't know anymore! Whatever, I'm just going to grab my gun for protection and fall asleep. He better not attack me, or so help me god!