Chapter 3

Elliot POV:

Where am I? This doesn't look like Carters' cellar, so where did I go? Hold on, there's someone over there, maybe they can tell me where I am. Okay, this person looks really creepy, I mean it's turned away from me and I can't tell if it's a girl or a boy. This literally feels like I'm that poor bastard in the beginning of a zombie/ghost movie. Maybe I shouldn't approach this person, but they could be helpful. Fuck it, I'm going to be the stupid bastard.

"Hello? Can you help me?" I question, tentatively. The person quickly turns around and starts to snarl while clamping its jaws in a chewing motion. Dammit, I'm the literal bastard in a zombie movie! Wait, if I was the bastard wouldn't it have eaten me already? Unless am I dead?! Oh my fucking god I'm a zombie! But I was with Carter, I was human! Wait, what's that smell? Damn it smells really good. I need to follow it. No, it's getting farther away, I need to go faster! Shit, I bumped into something, god it's making a lot of noise. Stop making noise, please. Fuck, I'm losing the smell. Got to go faster, faster, almost there, I see it. It smells so good and I'm so hungry. I need to catch it. I need to EAT it!

"Elliot!"

"Wha- What's going on?"

"Hell if I know! I woke up to you growling and breathing super heavy, so I woke you up. Did you have a nightmare?"

"I don't think so. It felt more real than that, like a memory."

"I guess it's possible that you are getting your memories back. What was that memory about?"

"It was weird, I was in this room with another person but they turned out to be a zombie. It didn't attack me though, it just kind of stared at me. Then there was this really good smell, so I followed it. You woke me up before I could see what it was."

"Well, if you were a zombie, then it was probably a person."

"Yeah, I guess so." The room fell into silence after that. Carter moves around the cramped room, taking what looks like food out of boxes and preparing what I can only assume is breakfast. I just stayed sitting on the floor, not knowing what to do at the moment. Was I really a zombie? Did I really eat and kill people? After everything that I have worked for, I became a zombie. After dedicating my life to saving people I became that one thing, no one could fight. I became a murderer. A monster.