1

Hi everyone this might seem kind of random but I am going to be deleting all of my books from my profile.

In my main book 'Tea Girl', one of the characters explains that they are into people of color. I wrote this in an attempt to be progressive many years ago. I thought that by adding people of color and showing them as main characters I was doing good. I had only good intentions however the way I wrote the story it can easily come off as if I was fetishizing people of color. This is something that I would never want.

There are also other things that I wrote with purely good intentions that can come off as insensitive now. As times have changed so have I. While no one has ever out right told me that they had any issues with my books, I can easily read them myself and see so many issues.

I am writing this to simply apologize to anyone that might have read my books in the past and we're offended. It is never my intention to hurt anyone or anything. I had only good intentions back in the day when I wrote these stories of mine, but they did not age the best.

Even though I have made it clear that the stories were unedited and old, I should have read them over. I hadn't read these stories for years, and never realized the fact that they have certain parts that could be taken wrong.

I should've read them sooner, but I didn't. I am still forever grateful for anyone that has ever supported my writing career, but quite frankly I did not portray poc and other minorities accurately and that does more harm than help.

I have changed so much in the past five years and what was acceptable then is not necessarily good now. Even if they were perfectly acceptable though, I would still be taking them down. Having all of my old work on my profile is not good for me personally. I am still changing a lot from year to year and by having old stuff up, it does not accurately represent who I am now.

So, I will be taking down all of my stories. In time I may try to edit them around and fix all of the mistakes I made with them in the past, however for now, they are simply just going to be deleted from public viewing.

ps: I will be deleting this book soon simply because I don't want this to be forever on my profile. I acknowledge my past mistakes but I have grown since then and do not need this as a constant reminder of my past stories