Another Kind of Tea

"Mason" tears streaked down his mother's face, blue jeweled eyes shimmering with the grief and hurt she's received for the past few days. He wished he could console her, tell her everything was alright, but he couldn't.

Because it wasn't.

"Mom" was all the young boy was able to choke out, causing Jennette to give another sob and to pull him in close, more tears spilling down those fare cheeks of hers.

"Enough of this. I have to get going, Jennette let go of the boy." Ijekiel's sharp words rung throughout the room, his gold eyes burning with hatred as he watched his wife look at him with a pleading gaze.

"Please Kiel, please. Don't take him away. Don't take my baby from me." All she wanted was a family, someone to love. How could he do this to her? Taking the only thing she had left.

"I'll send some compensation for you" was all the white haired man had to say as he picked the boy up by his arm.

"Kiel! Don't! Don't take him, please! My baby!"

"Mom!" Mason screamed after her, reaching his hand out. His last view of the fallen woman was of her crying on the ground, her beautiful green dress pooling around her as she stared helplessly after him, jeweled eyes glimmering with tears yet to fall and pain yet to take over her heart.

Mason woke up with a gasp. He looked out of the now open curtains which welcomed the sunlight to stream into the cramped carriage. Outside was the looming white mansion of the Alpheus estate.

Ah, they were here.

Time for the torture to begin.

"Oh my princess you would look so pretty in this blue!"

"I believe she would look better in cream."

"Nonsense. She needs bolder colors. Ones that would suit a gem."

"Ah, she's so pretty!"

"Put the ribbon there... no actually there..."

"Gah! The late empress always loved this hairstyle...."

"Oh, the late empress always looked good in this color..."

Ugh

Attheia sat still in her bedroom as maids ran all over her, trying on everything from dresses to hairstyles. Today her teacher from Estallen would be arriving, causing the maids to go in their frenzy of fun to dress her up.

And she never hated anything more.

Most of the maids in the Emerald Palace knew of her mother, as they had served her when she was alive. This made it so many comments of the late empress came up, flooding Attheia's mind as she was compared time and time again to the long dead golden haired woman.

But out of all of them, there were two maids who were especially bad about it.

Hannah and Ces.

They were both decorating her, placing her into a lovely emerald green dress adorned with milky white pearls and tiny blue ribbons. Her hair was braided behind her, a single ribbon tying it off. She was beautiful and lovely, and the soothing touches felt nice against her skin as the maids massaged her hands and brushed her long raven locks.

Sadly it had to be ruined by their constant comments.

"Oh your face is just like your mothers!"