A Day of Embrassment

Lucas and I emailed each other all night, we finally told each other Goodnight at 4 am. When I wake up at 6:30, 30 minutes before my alarm I'm in a good mood. Lucas and I talked about a lot; we talked about anything and everything. It was so easy talking to him. He told me that he knew what it was like to not have many people, so he understood when. I told him that he felt like a close friend.

I make my way downstairs, and I find Jessica making pancakes, she's always up by this time since she goes to bed really early. I pull out a chair from under the kitchen island and take a seat

"Good morning Love" Jessica says to me, at least this time she's half dressed wearing a t-shirt that reaches mid-thigh.

"Good morning" I respond with a smile on my face

"Well someone is in a happy mood" Jessica says whilst putting a plate of pancakes in front of me

"Aren't I always in a good mood" I say back to her before taking a bite out the pancakes.

"Nope, you're always in a sour mood, always doom and gloom" she teases

"That's not true." I lie with a pout. I don't want her to know that it was my conversation with Lucas that put me in a happy mood. I don't want to have to explain to her why I'm talking to him, she's just going to assume that I have a crush on him or that he's trying to sleep with me when it was much more than that. It was a genuine friendship.

"It so is, did you get laid last night?" she says whilst wriggling her eyebrows. She takes a seat next to me at the island.

"I wish! I haven't had sex in 5 months" I say trying to change the topic.

"And I honestly don't know why. I mean look at you Yara you're a total catch" She says before taking a bite of her own pancakes

"The problem is that I'm always so busy with Riley, I don't have time to go out and meet people" I say now looking at her beautiful long legs, and I think Jess notices this because she turns her body to face me and opens her legs just a little.

"That's what dating apps are for" Jess says continuing the conversation as if she was oblivious to what she was doing.

"I'm not a dating app type of person" I say to her now looking her in the eye.

"Then you're just going to be celibate for the rest of your life Yara-Idah, unless you quit that godforsaken job" she says rolling her eyes

Jessica never liked me going to work; she hated it even more when I started working for Riley because I was barely at home. Jess was basically like my baby I had to clothe her and feed her and put a roof over her head since she couldn't work her legally and she wasn't interested in getting the right documentation that would allow her to.

Even though I loved Jess very much, she was my best friend, I couldn't just quit my job, I had to be able to take care of myself, to take care of both of us, I couldn't always rely on my parents and didn't want to rely on them for financial aid anymore, it kind of defeated the whole purpose of me cutting them out of my life forever. I especially couldn't quit now because it would mean that I would never be able to see Lucas ever again

"Jess you know I can't quit, we need the money" I say whilst rubbing my temples with my index fingers.

"Yeah I know" She says turning her body back so her legs are under the island again. We eat the rest of our meal in silence

"I have to go get ready for work" I say to her getting up and then going to put my plate in the sink. "Thank you for the breakfast" I say now walking away.

"It's no problem" She says back her mouth filled with pancakes.

When I get to my room I take a quick shower, I'm excited to go to work today; Lucas said he would be swinging by to see Riley today. When I'm done I go to my closet to choose an outfit, I settle on a formal white crop top and a pair of loose high waisted slacks, I pair the outfit with red heels and a black purse. By the time I'm done getting ready its 07:30.