Ch.1 What do you consider important?

I wake up in my apartment on a cold Tuesday at 6:00 am.
I start changing while my breakfast is heating up.
I'm having the leftovers from yesterday's dinner, some rice and fried vegetables.
I cooked this yesterday as it was a slow day and i wasn't as tired as other days.
Of course, I live alone. I don't think I could have the strength of living with someone, considering the situation I'm in.

I finish putting on my clothes just as the food finished.

Beep. Beep. Beep...

... Here it comes...

... Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

I take out my meal from the microwave and start eating while watching the news.
Nothing important seems to have happened, humans seem to always focus on small events and ignore the really important things as many don't feel like it affects them.
Which, to some extent, is true. Not everyone is affected by what could be considered a mayor treat to others.

Humans really are selfish in that aspect, huh.
I wonder what I'll have to do in the future to prevent a full-on apocalypse.
It would be really inconvenient for civilization to collapse on me.

I finish my breakfast, put on my coat, and head to the morning train to the office.
.

.
It's a regular work day, a little heavy workwise but nothing i have never dealt with.
I haven't worked in this office for long.
I never can.
I'm used to hopping from work place to work place on regular basis.
Although I say that, I'm not new to the kind of work I do here, I have experience in most kinds of professions that exists, so I don't have problems adjusting to the workflow.
If I had to say, what I find difficult adjusting to, would be...

"Hey Adam!"

The people.

"H-hey, What is it?"

"I need help with this part of my report, im not sure how im supposed to do this part. Could you explain it?"

"Shouldn't you be the one explaining what I don't know to me?"

This is Lewis. He is my senior here, he has been working in this company for two years and has recently been ascended to his current position.
And that left me to take his place, making him also my boss.

"Come on man, you always know what to do and have never asked me a question on any doubt you have"

I would feel shame if I ever ended asking you anything.

"Plus, you can always help me with my work and you seem as if you knew everything"

Don't remind me.

"So come on, help me out"
"Ok ok, I get it"
I start "helping" him, which actually consists of correcting his mistakes before showing it to his boss and have her point his mistakes.
Doing it this way makes him seem better in front of her so his position is secured as he is still starting in this position.
Don't get me wrong, he is getting better.
I point his mistakes and give him some tips and advice.

"Man, thanks again. I'll be sure to put a good word for you with the higher-ups. Maybe even get you a permanent place here, huh! What do you think?"

"I... don't think that's something I'm looking for"

I can't really stay in one place for long, people may start getting suspicious if i do.
"How about instead of that you cut me some slack in my hours?"
"I'm not sure if you can go early but I'll try to cut the overtime this time around"
He says that but he'll still need help after my shift as always.
"Anyway, are you sure you don't want to look for a long term plan?
You just got into this city right?
Just where do you need to go that doesn't let you stay here?"
"I... have my reasons."
"Oooohhhh, full of mystery i see haha.
Well keep up the good work"