Chapter 3

"Kiss me." You ask in a burst of confidence and open your eyes slowly. You wait for him to grin and tease that you were going crazy. Instead, a lazy grin drifts across his face. You trace a fingertip over his lips, treasuring how it feels to be this close.

"You asked for it," he answers, before lightly pressing his lips to yours.

His kiss destroyed you with sweet passion. It tenderly pulled you apart. Nothing else mattered but his lips on yours, his hands in your hair, yours tangled in his. Fire coiled in the pit of your stomach. You gasp for air as his hands grip your waist and pull you to his lap.

"Bucky... I don't want to hurt you. Don't let me hurt you, please," you whisper as your fingers comb through the hair at the base of his neck.

"You can't hurt me, baby girl." His lips hover near your ear, his heady scent driving you to the point of distraction.

"Promise me?" You ask, pulling your head away from him, demanding an answer.

"Hey, look. It's getting better already. And my leg is healing too." He's right, a small white scar is beginning to form where the cut was, and the gash on his leg looks much better.

"Why is it working so fast?"

"Adrenaline, doll. You should hear your heartbeat, it's worse than mine," he chuckles deeply and draws your earlobe between his teeth, tugging. He lowers his head to your shoulder, his lips dancing patterns up your neck.

"Guess I gotta keep helping you heal," you murmur, lifting his chin back up with a finger, holding his gaze. Dark blue lust swirls in his eyes, drinking you in.

"Guess so, doll," he stands, holding you easily with one arm.

"Where are we going?" you murmur, kissing along his jawline as he picks you up. He smirks, then grimaces. You climb out of his arms immediately.

"Bucky, you promised! Ohh, you are a child sometimes! Go get in bed right now," you order, pointing to your room. He smiles gives you a mocking salute.

"Fine, fine. You got me," he sighs and follows orders with a much better limp. Rolling your eyes, you throw Bucky's torn and bloody clothes in the trash bin. You peek your head back into the bedroom.

"There's a pair of sweatpants in the closet that should fit, by the way. Chivalry is not a priority right now, so no sleeping on the floor, mister!" He laughs and waves you off.

After you double-check that everything is locked, you walk back into the bedroom to find Bucky already under the covers.

"Hey, you asleep?" you whisper, shutting the door behind you. The curtains twirl prettily around the still open window, and you tiptoe across the room to shut it. It squeaks on the way down, and Bucky sits straight up, prepared to attack the intruder.

"Buck, it's just me. Go back to sleep," you whisper, carefully lifting the covers and sliding into bed.

"Get over here," Bucky mumbles, pulling you snugly to his side. You relax into him, enjoying the extra warmth. The kiss on the forehead was nice too.