Checkmate

A/N: hey everyone, so I was cheated on by a long term boyfriend and my college got sent home sorry for being so MIA! Here's the next chapter
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chris' POV
"Emma, we do not have to do this. You look really scared. I never want to make you scared. Listen, if you don't think you're ready for this than we do not have to. I love you, always." I say and she looks up slightly, color returning to her cheeks.

"I'm just, youre so, and I'd and we'd be so close and it's not like I dont want to be that close to you because being close to you is all I want to be but you're just so handsome and if I do this I'd see your and it's not the same as the textbooks and I-" she rambles on and on adorably.

"You wanna be close I can help with that." I say as I move toward her. Any excuse to be close with her without the fear of creeping her out, I'll take it.

"How about we don't do this today and wait until you can look at me? BUT I do want something else because I am going to be lonely in the shower." I say playfully and she rolls her eyes.

"What do you want?" She asks with her eye brow arched.

"A rematch." I confidently say.

"Why?" She asks still cautious.

"Because I'm going to beat you this time." I laugh.

"As if." She rolls her eyes again which makes me want to kiss her.

"Wanna bet? Let's say, loser has to grant the other 3 wishes, like a genie in a bottle." I say thinking of the countless possibilities that would mean.

"You're on. So do you want to take a shower and then get your ass kicked or get your ass kicked and then take a shower?" She says with her sassy little attitude that she has when she knows she's going to win.

"You're talking pretty big over there, it's sexy when you are feelin yourself." I say which causes her to blush and adjust her towel.

We could easily take that towel away you know. We could take her on the floor, it would be so easy.

NO, stop thinking like that. Yeah, she looks sexy and she's probably forgotten what she is wearing but if we draw attention to it im sure she'll get nervous.

"You know it's kinda unfair if we spar again, I just got through an episode, are you trying to get the upper hand cuz that's the only way you can win?" She says and steps closer.

"You know what, you're right, how about you pick the challenge, anything you want." I say and instantly regret because the devilish grin on her face tells me I am most definitely going to lose.

"I choose chess, we will play chess. One game winner takes all." She basically jumps around the room, I'm just happy that she is feeling better.

"You're on, my shower can wait, go get dressed. I'll set up the game." She smiles but also tightens her towel, which means she was probably hyper aware of her situation. "Unless you want to wear that, and if so when I win I know what my first wish is going to be." I look her up and down which causes thoughts of what I would like to do with her to flood my mind and it takes every ounce of my strength to not start blushing myself, but I manage to stay cool. Emma on the other hand is now red as a fire truck and stumbling over her words.