32. jungkook

Seeing both M/n's and Taehyung's posts was hard for Jungkook. It was already Thursday and he planned to meet with M/n the next day, so why post such things?  A part of him only wanted to hear Taehyung's side since he never got an answer from his previous question.

"Should I just call him?" Jungkook asked, staring at his phone. The phone app was already on as it showed Taehyung's contact. It took the boy a few minutes before making up his mind.

The phone rang a couple of times before he heard his friend's raspy voice on the other line.

"What's up?" Taehyung yawned into the call with the faint sounds of Yeontan barking in the background.

"Do you mind if I talk to you about some stuff today?" Jungkook asked, biting his lip.

The small gap of silence only made things worse when the voice of M/n in the background and Yeontan barking was what broke it. Rolling his eyes, Jungkook waited longer than he wanted for Taehyung's response.

"Where do you want to meet?" Taehyung responded with a quiet sigh following his words.

"We can meet at a diner, that way you can get coffee before you leave."

____

Jungkook waited about five minutes for Taehyung until he spotted the fluffy brown hair enter the cafe. Surprisingly, he was alone and not with M/n. Standing up from his seat, Jungkook slightly waved to catch the attention of his friend.

"Hey, sorry for suddenly asking you to come out." Jungkook spoke and handed Taehyung a menu that was flipped to the diner's drinks.

"It's fine, I had to get up sooner or later." Taehyung smiled while scanning the menu for something he might like.

The two college students ordered their drinks first, not wanting to talk without having at least some sort of caffeine in their stomach. While waiting for their drinks, Jungkook's rummaged through his mind to find the best approach to ask Taehyung about M/n.

"Do you mind if we can talk now? M/n's making breakfast back at my house." Taehyung spoke, glancing up from his phone. His thumbs moved fast against the touchscreen, responding back to M/n.

"Yeah, of course," raising an eyebrow, "it's actually about M/n, so I'm glad you brought him up first." Jungkook's smile slowly began to fade when he was finally ready to ask all the questions he needed an answer for.

"I kind of expected it to be about him." The atmosphere at the table was tense and it made those who were seated near them uncomfortable to even try and eavesdrop on the conversation.

"What exactly is your friendship with M/n?"

Setting his drink down, Taehyung crossed his arms against his chest. "We're best friends, I already told you that." Taehyung quietly scoffed, clearly annoyed by the question.

"Then, do you have feelings for M/n?" Jungkook tilted his slightly to the side. He wanted to get to the bottom of their friendship for many reasons. To him, Taehyung could be the main obstacle that he needs to overcome if her wants to get closer to M/n. 

"And what will you do if I say yes?" Taehyung coldly responded, the smile that was once there replaced by a rock solid expression.

Jungkook didn't know what would happen if Taehyung truly said yes. He just wanted closure, he had no idea if M/n could be the reason for their friendship to end.

Shrugging his shoulders, Jungkook's breath hitched when he watched Taehyung nod slowly.

"I do have feelings for M/n, but I have no intentions on letting that ruin our friendship. If we're done, I'm leaving." Grabbing his things, Taehyung stuffed his phone into his light brown trench coat and handed the waiter a tip.

"Then why didn't you tell him?" Blurred out Jungkook, following behind the elder as they both rushed out of the diner. "Clearly you guys have some sort of connection together."

"What?" Taehyung's dark eyebrows furrowed as he turned around, facing Jungkook.

"I said, why didn't you confess? You guys obviously have some sort of connection. Instead of having me look like a fool chasing M/n around, confess so that I can just forget." Jungkook's words only made Taehyung angrier, he didn't know the full story and he had no right to know about it. But with him being persistent, Taehyung's patience was getting shorter with every second that went by.

"I did and it didn't work out," throwing his arms in the air, "we tried going out but things didn't go well so we went back to being childhood friends. And if you think you can just move on and forget about
M/n, then maybe you're not the right person for him either."

___________

just some drama to fill up the story since i've been gone for so long :> and