ϟ 3 ϟ

"where is mark? he should be here?" a guy from the group of bikers said, already straddling his thing, his helmet on his head.

"change of plans, mark has been punished." another boy arrived, putting his helmet on.

"excuse me johnny, punished?"

the boy got on his own motorbike. "yeah, apparently he destroyed half of the library. we're going without him, he'll join us when he'll be done, don't worry tae."

"this boy is a catastrophe on legs. we better find something to tame him quickly..."

johnny chuckled, making his engine roar. "you weren't better at that age."

"shut up." taeyong growled, starting his own engine. "let's go guys."

and with those words, the six boys followed taeyong on their own motorbikes, deafening everybody around with their loud engines.

ϟ

"huh... where's that turkey of a librarian?" someone poked donghyuck's shoulder, making him drop the pile of books he was carrying.

yes, he knew it wasn't his job to tidy the mess the other boy had done, but he didn't want to have anything to do with this boy that screamed trouble. so, as he didn't intend to force him to tidy everything, donghyuck had started on his own.

"o-oh... mrs park?" donghyuck asked, picking the books up from the floor and not making eye contact with the boy.

"i don't know her name. i just want to know where she is."

"s-she left because of an emergency. i am the one supposed to keep an eye on you until the library is cleaned." donghyuck explained.

"my friends are waiting for me." the boy said, chewing on his gum.

"better help me then. we might finish earlier." donghyuck flashed the boy a small smile before turning around and putting the books on the right shelf.

"who do you think you are for bossing me around?"

donghyuck turned around and glared at the older boy. "can't you be a bit sympathetic with me? i've been doing what you were supposed to do for an hour already." he pouted.

the other boy raised an eyebrow before passing a hand through his hair. "i guess you're right. i'm sorry for acting like this. you know what? let's start from the beginning."

the boy turned around, showing his back to donghyuck, confusing the teenager. he took a deep breath, and immediately faced donghyuck, flashing him a cocky smile – which was supposed to be a charming one – and holding his hand out for a handshake. "hello, i'm mark. mark lee."

ϟ

"so, you're actually part of that biker's gang." donghyuck stated, taking the books mark was giving him to place them on the very top shelf.

"it's not really a gang." mark rolled his eyes. "we're just a group of friends. and our motorbikes are our way to go to one place to another."

"it awfully looks like a gang to me." donghyuck persisted.

"if you say so..."

mark and donghyuck were now collaborating in tidying the library. and they were doing a pretty good job. they had only one small pile of books to put in place and everything would be done.

surprisingly, mark and donghyuck had gotten along pretty well. if at first mark had seemed like a big problem, he was someone very cool to be around. well, he still had piercings on his ears, some on his eyebrows, one on his tongue that he had shown donghyuck, and he had his hair dyed! well, only some parts of it. he had like, some blonde highlights at the front. but apart from that, his hair was pitch black. and, yeah, he wore a leather jacket and huge boots, but that was a biker's style, so that was normal. and, honestly, this style fitted him pretty well.

"you're done checking me out?" mark asked leaning on the bookshelf.

"i-i w-wasn't." donghyuck stuttered. he was so taken aback by the boy's words that he forgot he was standing on a ladder and when he stepped back, nothing was there to catch him, causing him to fall.

fortunately, mark was quick enough to rush behind donghyuck and have him landing in his arms, bridal style.

"so... first you check me out. and then you fall for me... what are you going to do next?" mark asked cheekily.

donghyuck opened one eye and then the other, immediately squirming out of mark's grasp when he realised the position he was in.

"s-sorry."

mark chuckled. "my pleasure." mark winked.

before donghyuck could say anything embarrassing, his phone rang. he picked up instantly.

"hello birthday boy!" jaemin's voice screamed inside the device. "our class ended. meet us in front of the school!"

"okay, i'm coming, see you guys." he said before hanging up.

mark looked at him with an eyebrow raised. "it's your birthday?"

donghyuck nodded shyly.

"happy birthday then! why didn't you tell me? i wouldn't have let you overwork yourself like that."

donghyuck shrugged. "it's okay."

"how old are you?"

"sixteen."

mark chuckled at the baby tone donghyuck used. "still a young boy, i see." he said, pinching his cheek.

"no..." donghyuck whined. "i'm a big boy now!"

"yeah, sure, you're a big boy." mark smirked making the other blush.

"i had a great time with you... are we going to see each other again?" dnghyuck asked.

"i don't know... honestly, i'm not sure my friends would be pleased to see me hanging with a... nerdy big boy." mark gestured donghyuck.

donghyuck nodded. "yeah, actually, mine will kill me if i tell them i befriended a biker..." he said smiling.

"well..."

donghyuck's phone rang once again.

"i'm sorry, they're getting impatient, i should leave." donghyuck said. "goodbye mark."

"goodbye donghyuck."