Authors Note-Part 1

So, sorry this isn't an update, but I felt it'd be a cool thing to share. You probably didn't know this, but I got the whole idea for this short story from a dream I had one night. It woke me up from a dead sleep and I couldn't go back to sleep until I typed the whole dream (start to finish). Basically every part of this short story, comes from my dream. This however, interested me. So I recently reached out to a dream interpreter and got an analysis. There are some spoilers in a majority of his message, that I will crop out and post later on with another Authors Note, but for now I will post the beginning paragraph (what I feel won't ruin the rest of the story for you all)!

The below anaylsis is from Mr. Scott Sparrow, board member of the ISA Dreams, and creator of DreamStar Institute.

"Hi Emily,

This is a very dynamic dream. The opening conveys a feeling of being alone, on your own; perhaps overlooked or forgotten. The homeless couple underscores the sense of abandonment and neglect, which they are passing on to their children, and putting them at risk. So the overall tone is one of having been uncared for, and expressing a sense of uncaring; but there is a desire to survive, as well. I wonder as I read this, Does Emily feel alone, overlooked, on her own?" 

I can't wait to share the rest of the interpreation with you all! Not because I want you all to dig deep into my life, but because I feel like it creates a whole new meaning to the story.

-Emily

Question: Do you feel Hillary and Richard don't really care for Hayley or their 'adopted' homeless kids?