The boy on the fence {Mary}

Mary Winchester has just finished a hunt when she sees him. He's a boy of fifteen, with curly blonde hair and white skin, patterned with freckles. He's sitting on a fence, overlooking the lake, swinging his legs back and forth and humming to himself. She's concerned because there's no one else around, not even friends of his. Maybe this wouldn't be weird in a different circumstance, but given she's found him outside a vampire nest, she thinks she's justified in her apprehension.

Mary is covered in vampire blood, so she doesn't think approaching him is a good idea. But he looks over to her before she can get back in her car and waves her over. She looks at him for a moment but she's too curious to walk away. So, she walks toward him.

Years of hunter's instincts should tell her that this boy is suspicious, that he shouldn't be trusted. But instead, she thinks he's like a honeybee. So long as she doesn't provoke him, he won't intentionally hurt her.

"Were they bad?" he asks, once she gets to his perch. His voice has a noticeable accent, British, she thinks.

"What?" Mary asks, taken off guard by his calm demeanor.

"Those vampires," he clarifies.

"They killed without regard to innocents, if I didn't stop them they'd keep going," Mary responds.

"And what about you?" the boy asks. "Have you killed anyone without regard to their life? Someone who didn't deserve it, I mean."

Mary thinks about that question. She's inclined to say no, she'd never consciously take a life of someone who was innocent, but given that she'd only learned from her sons that not all creatures were murderous and hateful as she'd thought, she isn't certain.

"I don't know," Mary answers honestly. She doesn't know why she's telling him, but he hasn't done anything to make her distrust him in a real way.

He's silent for a bit before asking, "Why do you do this stuff?"

"So people don't get hurt. So they don't get dragged into the hunting life," Mary says, and then more quietly adds, "Because it's what I've known almost all my life."

The boy hums. He turns to face her. As he does this, Mary realizes that she hasn't got a good look at his face this whole time. He's both extraordinarily handsome and painfully average, and she's not sure how those things can coexist at once but he manages just fine.

"Where are your parents?" Mary asks.

"A long way away. I'm not supposed to be here, and I'm not sure how I got here either," the boy says.

"I could help you get back home," Mary offers.

He examines her, cold and calculating, but not unfriendly. Finally, he speaks. "Okay. Can we get food first?"

"Sure, wherever you'd like to go," Mary offers.

"Cool!" the boy says, and suddenly he seems less like a battle hardened adult and more like the fifteen he is. "My friend says his cousin said that there's a place that sells 30 different flavors of ice cream, can we go there?"

Mary smiles. "Sure, kiddo. I should get cleaned up first, though."

"That makes sense, you shouldn't walk into a restaurant covered in blood. It's impolite," he says in a very matter-of-fact manner. As an afterthought, he adds, "My name is Adam Young."

"Mary Winchester," she says.

He smiles. "Which way to the car?"

"I'll show you," she says.

~~~~~

I'm aware I should be working on other stuff instead of posting a new WIP but. I'm enjoying myself with this one. I can't promise I'll be consistent or I'll ever finish this, but I do have at least four more chapters that I promise I will post.
Regarding timelines:
Four years after Good Omens apocalypse
After The Serpent's Shadow for TKC
Pre ToA, post HoO, Leo comes back to Camp sooner than he does in canon.
Post Ship of the Dead for MCGA
Spn,, I really don't know. There may be a time where Gabriel, Jack, and Mary are all alive and plot relevant but I really don't know. Supernatural timeline is fucky anyway.