xxvi. Infiltration

"GENERAL Fong's base will serve as the launching point for the attack. In exactly two months, the army and the navy will invade the Fire Nation on the day of black sun," General How said during the war meeting.

My friends were way gone now, and it was only my
left with the Earth King. General How scheduled a war meeting for me to attend as we discussed the details
for the Day of Black Sun.

I sat at the base of the table across from the Generals and commanders with Yue in my lap and Momo on my shoulder.

"All we need is the Earth King's seal in order to execute the plan."

He sent the scrolls containing the invasion plan my way. I quickly grabbed them and stood up.

"Don't worry, I'll make sure the King approves these. Thank you, General How," I said with a bow.

"No, thank you, Akshata Naya."

+

          WHEN the meeting ended, I decided it would be best to go back to my room for a little bit. Yue and Momo played in the corner of the room while I held the letter that Zuko wrote to me.

I wish I could say there was an exact emotion I felt. But the more I thought about the Prince, the more angry, confused, excited I felt.

"What should I do guys?" I asked the animals. They stopped playing and stared at me. "As much as I want to see him, I can't." I turned away before tears could form in my eyes. "Zuko chose to hurt Aang over me, how could I forgive him?"

Yue made a squeaking noise. Although I didn't understand her, I had a feeling as to what she was trying to say.

"You're right, he would only want to see me if he's really changed. Plus, he knew we were in the city with him and made no move to try and kidnap Aang!"

I practically shouted that last part as I stood up from my spot on the bed. I forced away from the smile on my face and quietly brushed my clothes.

"So I should see him?"

Yue and Momo jumped in response and I sighed. I might as well try.

+

"EXCUSE me, do you know where the Jasmine Dragon is?" I asked as I walked up to a random man in the street.

"Why that's the best tea shop in the whole city! I just went there and got myself a cup," he said with a big smile and held up his tea. "But all you have to do is walk down this street and it will be on your right."

"Thanks so much, sir," I said with a shaky voice.

As much as I tried, I couldn't find a way to hide my nervousness. But I knew I would have to push it all down once I faced Zuko, and by the looks of it, that would be very soon.

I stood in front of the quaint, yet pristine, tea shop. I smiled softly, knowing that this must've been Iroh's pride and joy. I'm glad that the two of them managed to find peace in the horrible circumstances they faced—especially Zuko.

With a deep breath, I walked straight into the tea shop. I could barely process how fast I moved because before I knew it, I stupidly stood in the middle of the store staring at Zuko's back. He hummed softly as he made tea for one of his customers.