The Birthday

~Teto's POV~

"Happy birthday, dear Teto... happy birthday to you."

I groaned and turned over in my bed. "It's my... birthday?" Suddenly my eyes popped open and I shot up. "It's my birthday!"

Momo giggled. "Happy birthday, Teto-chan!"

All my friends were there: Momo, Uta, Ruko, Ritsu, Ted, and- "Hey, where's Tei?" Everyone pointed to my roommate's bed, where she was snoring loudly. I laughed and said, "I'm so excited! I've never had a birthday before, what's it like?"

"Well, there's usually cake, and presents, and a party!" Ruko exclaimed. "We're all pitching in to help set it up, even Ritsu! Right, Ritsu?"

"It's like you're asking for me to punch you right now."

"A party?" I gasped. "For me?"

Ted nodded. "We'll be setting it up today while you're at work."

"Because we're so lucky to have gotten you!" Momo squished me in a hug.

"Hey, I know!" Uta exclaimed. "You should invite all the Vocaloids from work, how fun would that be? Imagine having Hatsune Miku at your birthday party!"

That was one thing I particularly did not want to do, but I would definitely invite my friends.

Ruko lit up. "And I could meet Luka!"

"Is Len coming too?" We all turned to Tei, who must've woken up not five minutes ago.

I grinned. "Well, I can ask!" Everyone burst out into cheers and then the bell for breakfast rang.

Out in the hallway were Koe and Defosuke. "Teto! Happy birthday! We would've joined everyone else in waking you up, but Defoko said we would embarrass her!"

"And yet you're still embarrassing me anyway," she said as she walked by. "And my name isn't Defoko!"

Koe giggled. "Yes it is! You're famous now!"

In the dining room, Momotaro revealed a fancy breakfast that included a baguette! I felt so special. My family was doing this all for me, after all! And the mood was the brightest it had ever been, everyone was talking and laughing and it was just so heartwarmingly cozy.

I didn't even want to go to work. I just wanted to stay at the cottage with everyone, but I knew that wasn't an option. Besides, I wanted to invite everyone to the party. Luka and Rin and Len and Haku and Neru and Sakine and Meiko and Kaito and... even Miku, I guess.

When I arrived, the twins and Sakine were waiting for me at the door. "Teto! Teto! It's your birthday, right?"

"Yep!" I grinned. Then I went to the center of the room and said, "Hey, everyone? I'm having a birthday party later today, and you're all invited!"

An excited chatter went around and Meiko said, "Oh, but we won't have enough time after work to buy gifts!"

"That's okay," I responded. "The only thing I want is for you all to come. I have some friends who I know would like to meet you."

"We'll be there!" Len exclaimed.

"Count me in," Luka added.

Miku walked towards me with a smirk. "I would love to." She then made a 180 turn and stalked towards her dressing room. "Haku, Neru! Come with me!"

Was Miku plotting something? Probably.

Should I be worried? Probably.

Was I worried? Well... no, not really. I was in such a good mood, nothing could've brought me down. She couldn't try anything with so many people around anyways.