one.

"M-mama..." Byeongkwan stared at his mother in disbelief as she packed her bags, "w-where are you going?" Byeongkwan felt tears running down his soft cheeks. His mother noticed her son in tears and reached out to him, wiping the tears off his face, "I-I know... this is for the better, Kwannie." She turned away from Byeongkwan and finished up packing her bags. The little boy didn't know what to do, he wanted to stop her from going but he didn't know how to, hell he was only 7 years old. Byeongkwan's mother bent down, placed a kiss on his forehead, and said to him, "Byeongkwan, I'll always love you, okay? I'm going to leave your father, i-it's for the better," She spoke, choking on her tears. "I'll be back for you, so stay strong for mama, alright?" Byeongkwan nodded, as tears overflowed onto his tear stained cheeks. Kissing her son's forehead one last time, Byeongkwan's mother stood up and grabbed her things to go. She heard the cries of her son, but hardened her heart. "No! Mama..please, d-don't go..." Byeongkwan shouted, his voice getting softer and softer as the words escaped his mouth. Right before steping out the small house, his mother turned around and gave her son a small smile, one full of saddness, as tears run down her face. The last words she had ever said to her 7 year old son were,

"I love you."

Later that night, Byeongkwan's father came home, drunk. Fear filled the little boy as his father walked inside. Byeongkwan immediately ran to his room, trying his best to hide from his father. Turning off the lights and locking himself in the closet was the best he could do at 7. Byeongkwan's father is extremely abusive, even to a 7 year old boy. He was especially abusive when drunk, the old man would beat up his only child for not doing something right. Byeongkwan sat inside the locked closet in silence, afraid that his father would hear him. He controlled his breathing and listened for foot steps. Sitting inside the closet, Byeongkwan waited for when his father passes out or goes out again. He felt tears fall from his eyes once again and quickly wiped them away when Byeongkwan heard his father nearby. The little boy stayed inside that tight closet for so long that he fell asleep inside it, it wasn't uncomfortable for Byeongkwan at all since he was a small and petite boy.

10 years later...

Byeongkwan sighed, it had been 10 years since the day his mother left and yet he still remembers that day so vividly. He grabbed his history books and walked to class where he saw his best friend, Kang Yuchan. "Hey Kwan!" Yuchan waved a little at the boy, earning himself a little smile and a wave from Byeongkwan. "So, history's first today," This was Yuchan's attempt at not making the walk to class awkward, "do you think you're ready for the quiz today, Kwan?" Byeongkwan has completely forgotten about the quiz, "Oh shit- we have a quiz?" He was so focused on that day that he forgot everything he needed to do. "Uh, yeah, dumbass." Yuchan scoffed as the two reached their classroom, "Oh well, good luck Byeongkwan." Byeongkwan watched as Yuchan went over to his seat in the front of the class (he got that seat for being too loud). Over the next 10 minutes, Byeongkwan couldn't focus on the quiz at all. He had one thing on his mind and that was wondering where his mother went.

"Bro, you good?" Yuchan waved his hand around in front of Byeongkwan's face. Byeongkwan was spacing out, stuck in his thoughts. Snapping back into reality, Byeongkwan blinked a few times in confusion, "Oh uh, yeah...." Yuchan didn't believe him at all, "Is it about your mom?" He asked while taking a bite out of his sandwich. Byeongkwan nodded slightly, looking away from Yuchan and out into the field next to them. Memories rushed back as he thought more and more about his childhood. He remembered when his mother was still with him and when his father wasn't so abusive. Byeongkwan looked back on those memories fondly, knowing very well that they would all just disappear. Although he had so many different memories of his mother, all Byeongkwan could think about was when his mother told him that she would be back for him.

'You said you'd be back.'

───────────────────────────

Here with a crappy book that people won't bother reading :D