The Train

As Arthur and Charles walked over to Lilly, they were in awe. Speechless awe. Lilly lifted her head back with a deep sigh and moved away from her kill. As she put her knives back, she got a good look at the monster she'd slain. Arrows, bites, stab wounds, and torn flesh were all over the grizzly giant.

"Huh," Lilly spoke casually. "Guess that explains all the blood on me."

Arthur blinked repeatedly with his jaw slacked. "You...you did this? By yourself?!"

"As ucht Dé, of course not! I'm a hunter, not an invincible barbarian!" Lilly giggled. "Ah, shit. You make me laugh, Arthur." A wheeze and another amused giggle flew from her mouth.

Charles knelt down and touched the fur. "Are these bite marks?"

"Uh huh. Those are wolf bites."

A look of astonishment came across Charles' face. "You...you and wolves did this?"

"Yep. The ones from the cave. They uh...I guess they heard a damsel in distress " Lilly let out a sigh that was clearly one of self-appreciation. Yes, even though the wolves came to her aid, Lilly still got to claim the kill as her own.

A loud but short cackle came from Arthur. "Lilly, you're a lot of things, but a damsel in distress ain't one of 'em. Not by a long shot."

She flashed a smile of superiority at Arthur. "And you was the one thinkin' I shouldn't wander off alone. Bloody hell, I wish ya both coulda heard the shite talkin' I was goadin' him with," she laughed.

Arthur, with a shake of his head and an indrawn breath, stared down at the carcass. "Well, the pelt is bad but the meat should be good."

Lilly began tugging all the arrows out. "Ya can't have everythin', Arthur. Now, I did shoot a buck somewhere. I suppose I could carry that back."

Charles held his palm up. "I can do that, Lilly. I think you earned a few moments to slack off. Where is it?"

Lilly directed him past the trees and he headed out. As she got the last of the arrows out, Lilly sensed Arthur behind her. "Somethin' on your mind, Arthur?"

Lilly heard him chuckle. "Naw, just admirin' the scenery."

"It's just a bear."

"That ain't what I'm admirin'." Lilly jerked around. A twinkle of perversity was in Arthur's blue eyes. "What?" he huffed with a brief chortle.

She crossed her arms and gave him a smirk. "Were ya just starin' at me arse, Arthur Morgan?"

Arthur's expression of innocence was obviously artificial. "Now, Miss O'Callaghan. What kind of man would I be if I were to stare at," he sucked a sharp breath in and took hold of his belt. "your lovely round ass?" He finished the sentence with a simper.

Lilly closed the gap between them. "Oh, are we back to flirtin' now?" she asked with an arch in her tone.

Arthur chuckled. "Yes, I believe we are. But...you're covered in blood right now, so I'll wait until after you've had a bath to," he whispered in her ear, "show you how much I miss it."

Lilly inhaled deeply and caught his scent. He always smelled like pine trees. "You're such a bithiúnach, Morgan." [Reprobate.]