Chapter 11

When we arrived at the restaurant, I saw Daniel and the rest of the bodyguards. Siguro talagang bigatin itong si Blake, dahil laging may kasamang bodyguard. And I noticed that they will be eating in the restaurant too, I was about to sit with Daniel's table. But someone drag me to the other table.

"I think it is better if I will be eating with your bodyguards" sabi ko kay Blake when he drags me out towards their table.

"You'll be eating with us" and Blake pull the chair beside him when we reach on their table. Which is few meters away from this bodyguard, Alice already is there seating.

"I been looking for you Mandy" Alice said when I seated next to Blake.

"I thought you'll have a serious talk with your son Alice, so I was planning to eat along with Daniel and the rest of the gang".

"Nah" Alice just wave her hand as if she's dismissing statement.

"I asked Ingrid to order our food" Blake said.

"Grabe wala ng freedom of choice" bubulong bulong na sabi ko and Blake just look at me like I did something wrong, which I think he heard what I just said.

"So, Blake as what I was saying, I really want you to replace Ingrid" Alice began talking again.

"Mom there's no reason for me to do that"

"I am your mother Blake you should do as I say" nanggigil na sabi ni Alice at biglang kinuha ang tubig para uminom. Alam na alam ko na ang dramang ng babaeng ito. She always does her paawa effect.

"Don't try to manipulate me Mom, besides Mandy is doing great in taking care of you" tila frustrated naman na sabi ni Blake. But he's still cool and calculated. I don't know how he does that.

"That's not the point here. I know Ingrid likes you."

"We are talking non-sense, Mom." Sabay kuha ni Blake ng tablecloth and put it on his lap. I am just observing, specially that they are in a high-end restaurant and table etiquette is a must. Let's face it, I am not born with silver spoon. I only eat sa mga ordinaryong restaurant even when I was working in Dubai.

"Alice, it is ok. Beside I am accountant and it is far different from being a Secretary" I butt in kasi feeling ko di matatapos ang usapan na to if I don't interfere.

"See" sagot naman ni Blake. Sounds like I a more sensible that his mom.

"But..." ayaw papatalong kontra ni Alice. Buti na lang dumating na ang waiter para i-serve ang appetizer. It makes Alice stop from ranting. But I know there's a second wave. It's a good thing Alice did not start talking again about her issue and just talk a normal conversation with his son until someone came when we are having the main course.

"Hi everyone, do you mind if I join you?" it is no other than Cassidy.

"May sa pusa ba itong babaeng to at nasundan kami" I whispered. I don't mind eating with her. But I can sense that Alice is not happy with her presence.

"Look Cassidy this is a family affair, me and my son is having a serious talk. Besides we are almost done" If you knew Alice very well you would know when she's mad and when she's happy. For almost 4 months working with her, I know already when she's irritated and you wouldn't like it if she's in this state.

"Oh, then what do this lowly creature doing in your table then?" pambabalewala neto kay Alice at sabay baling ng tingin sa akin.

"Racism to the highest level" pabulong ko namang sabi. Kung di ko siguro kasama sa table sina Alice baka nakatikim na sa akin ang babaeng to. I am not the type of person who will shut up if I know na naaapi na ako. The fighter within me always come out if needed.

"That's rude Cassidy" sabi naman ni Blake na hindi rin nagustuhan ang sinabi ni Cassidy.

"I just want to join you guys for lunch, and besides I am going to be part of the family soon" Malandi pang sabi ni Cassidy. It made me realize that Blake and Cassidy is in a relationship. 

"That's not going to happen and you know that you're not stupid to understand that you are not welcome here" Alice said with annoyance.

"Mom stop, I will handle this." baling ni Blake sa ina neto. Sabay tayo ni Blake at hila kay Cassidy.

"Sorry, Cassidy but maybe next time. We just have an important matter to discuss" Naririnig niyang sabi ni Blake habang papalayo sila sa table namin. I just ignore them and continue eating while Alice still looking at them.

"I really don't like her Mandy and I will totally object if Blake marry that hoe" out of nowhere na sabi ni Alice.

"Alice, please don't get me wrong. But I think Blake is old enough to decide."

"Yeah, but I know him more than anyone else. He usually prefers the wrong hoe. I am very certain that she is one of Blake's past-time girlfriend. Blake will surely break-up with her soon. If they really into a relationship"

"Maybe, but come on, your son is obviously a good-looking man. That's why girls, I mean women are making gaga over him."

"OMG, you said he's a good-looking man, tell me do you have crush on him?" biglang nagliwanag ang mukha ni Alice na marinig ang aking sinabi. Which I think, wala naman akong sinabing mali.

"Who has crush on who?" biglang singit ni Blake na hind namin napansin na nakabalik na pala mula sa pakikipag-usap kay Cassidy. Bigla tuloy akong kinabahan baka kasi narinig neto ang sinabi ko.

"Nothing, we are just talking about Mandy's crush"  kinikilig pang sabi ni Alice.

"And who would that be?" Medyo galit na tanong ni Blake na nakatingin ng matiim sa akin. Ako naman ay tila nasa hot seat sa mag-ina na to. Mauubusan ata ako ng dugo sa dalawang eto. She can feel that her cheeks are burning.

"See, it..it...'s no.. no...nothing." Nauutal ko namang sagot. Damn why I am so intimidated by Blakes', it makes me stutter.

"It is ok Mandy, it would be our secret" sagot naman ni Alice sabay kindat sa akin. Na para bang may malaki kaming sekreto.

"I can find it out without even sweating" may pag babantang sabi ni Blake. "By the way Mom, I planning to go back and stay in the mansion."

"Really son? Oh my God, you really made me happy" masayang masayang sagot ni Alice. But for me I am not liking the idea. I can sense that there's an ulterior motive with his sudden decision. "I will inform Nelly to clean your old room"

"Don't fret Mom, relax."

"It really means a lot to me son. You know that"

"I know." Sagot pa ni Blake na alam kong nakatingin sa akin. I just ignore him and continue eating my dessert.

"It that case, I am not going back in the office. Mandy and I will go back home after our lunch"

"Yeah, that's fine. There's not much thing to discuss in the second quarter of the meeting anyway."

As decided, after our lunch Alice and I went to her car and head home. I feel a bit relax now, medyo nakalayo ako kay Blake.