Lost Soul

I do not know where I am...I am afraid to open my eyes. All I hear is loud noises and people screaming.

"Fight!"
"Wake up!"
"No, you are not dying on me today!"
I am scared. I do not know what is going on. I am paralyzed—I cannot move. I say to myself nervously, "Why do I have to fight? I am awake." I am standing near a nurse who has dark red freckles on her face and long blonde hair. Her scrubs are solid pink. In her hand are a black pen and a red folder with a white piece of paper on top.

I look at her and wave my hand in her face, "Hello. I am awake." I keep waving my hand in her face, "Hello. Hello. I am right here." ...but she doesn't see me. I say to myself in a panic, "Oh no, this can't be. No, no, no, no, no...am I dead?"

I look and walk slowly around the small room. There are bright lights everywhere. There are about thirteen people or so in different colored scrubs (blue, white, dark blue, or pink) fighting and working hard, trying to keep someone alive.

I am trying to work my way through the thick crowd, but I notice I am walking through people! "Excuse me...excuse me." But again, nobody can hear me. I look down at the table, and the person they are trying to save is...me.

I am startled and quickly jump back as I start to breathe hard, and I ask myself, "How did I get here? Wait, this can't be." I hold my hands up to my face, and I look at them; they are fine. I turn to my left and walk over to the mirror that is on a wall near the sink. My face looks perfectly fine. My hair is a mess. Some of it is hanging down in the back and on the side. It sits on top of my head in a wild bun.

I don't know what is going on. How can I see other people and they don't even notice me? I walk over to take a closer look to make sure it's me. I assure myself it can't be because I'm right here. All I can hear is people yelling, screaming, calling all kinds of codes, numbers, and names. People are running in and out of the room. They are trying to be careful not to bump into each other as they bring medical equipment in and out. I slowly walk up to get a better glance to make sure it is me. It is me, lying there with tubes in my mouth and nose. There are a lot of leads on my chest and head.

The left side of my face is crushed. My eyes are swollen shut, my mouth looks like a huge hot air balloon, my arms are badly bruised, they look broken, but I am not sure. I look at my legs, but they are covered up. I have on one purple slipper; who knows where the other maybe? I see a little bit of my Snoopy pajama pants, and I am wearing the red t-shirt I had on earlier today. I am thinking to myself, "I cannot believe my eyes, these are the same clothes I had on this morning." I blink to make sure it's real—it's real, and they are fighting to save my life.

Everyone is yelling left and right, here and there.
"Come on!"
"You do not get to die! Come on!"
I ball my fist, scream back, and say, "Do you see me? I am right here! I am alive!"
I begin to float off the ground. I'm yelling, "No! Wait! Wait!" I look around and notice that gravity isn't holding me down. I look down at myself, and I scream, "Oh my gosh, no!" I am reaching out as I try to find my way back into my body. I am unable to as I begin to float higher and higher.

There is a dark-skinned doctor with a blue medical cap on his head and a white mask on his face yelling, "Shock!"

The nurse with dark red freckles on her face shocks my heart with the defibrillator. My chest rises as if the defibrillator is a magnet that is attached to my heart. The doctor yells again, "Shock!" He is sweating so much that his mask comes off his face.

There is a nurse wearing a dark blue uniform. She is beautiful, she has black moles on her cheeks, light brown skin, and has a cute short hairstyle. She sits over me on the bed, performing compressions, and starting CPR. She is screaming, "Come on, Ryder, you are too young to die! Come on!" As the compressions become deeper and deeper, she starts to yell as loud as she can, "Got-damn it, Ryder, come back to us!