17 An Alpha's Heir

"Happy birthday Princess." I tell Lilly over breakfast.

"Thanks Beta Carson... it's kinda irritating father makes EVERYONE call me princess now! It was cute when I was 9 but I'm 20 years old now! I'm a grown woman! I'm the next Alpha of Red Rivers pack not a china doll!" She yells.

"I know but it is important that they respect you." I say.

"Oooorrrrrrr... my over protective father wants to make sure no male is close to me... you know he started telling guys they couldn't even look at me! Now they all avoid even glancing in my direction! I swear I could walk around naked and they wouldn't even notice as their eyes would be on their shoes as soon as they catch my scent... Dalton won't even call me by my name and I've known him FOREVER!" She rants.

"He's protecting you little one." I tell her.

"Well he can stop!" She yells. "What's next a guard on me at all times?!"

"About that...." I say scratching my head nervously. I really don't want to deal with Lilly's wrath right now.

"You have got to be kidding me Beta!" She screams.

"Hey at least I got him to put Dalton on your protection detail!" I say.

"Thanks for that at least." She mumbles.

"Your father loves you Lilly. That is why he is protective of you." I tell her.

"What ever." She mumbles leaving my house.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

"You know Lilly is not happy about having a guard." I tell Mason as we go over reports.

"Good." He responds and I give him a confused look. "I need to know if she is an Alpha. Eventually she will snap and command someone if she is. If not she is my little princess and she needs the protection. It's a win win for me."

"You could just test her." I say and he gives me a stern look.

"Like your father did you? I won't force that on my child. Most young Alphas prove themselves naturally shortly after turning twenty. I believe in her." He responds.

"Okay I guess we'll have to wait." I agree.