Prologue

I woke up and immediately  got ready for school. I went downstairs and was about to leave the house when I saw Eda sitting on the couch but her dress was a different color and her hair was really short and she was just sitting there, not moving. It was kind of creepy. I shrugged the feeling off and said, “Bye, Eda, King and Hooty!” I opened the door and Hooty said, “Bye Luz… Have a fun day school, hoot hoot!” I looked at him and just turned around and started walking to school.

+++

Once I got to school, I saw my friends, Gus and Willow. I also saw Lilith as well but her eyes were a different color, her eyes were red. I looked at Willow and Gus but they weren’t there. What’s happening today? I then noticed that no one else was here, it’s just me. I felt shivers down my spine as I walked inside but when I got inside, my clothes changed, I was wearing the cape that Eda had made for me.

I was holding Owlbert in my hands. My eyes widened once I knew where I was, I was back in the Emperor’s throne room. I had my glyphs with me and I heard a chilling voice say, “The human, so nice to meet you.” I swallowed the lump in my throat and slowly turned around but as I did, I started to notice that it wasn’t the Emperor, it was Eda. I froze in pure fear as she stood there, looming over me. She had a sad expression on her face and she said, “Why’d you let me get captured, Luz?” My breathing stopped as I moved back and then Willow came out of the shadows and said, “It’s all your fault, Luz.” I tried to speak but no words came out of my mouth. Gus came out next and siad, “You’re a bad person, you were always a bad person.” I felt a few tears fall from my eyes and the last person that came out was my mother, I started to tremble. “Luz, why did you run away from me? What have you done?” I started to cry even more as I fell to my knees as each one of them kept saying, “It’s all your fault.”

I finally said, “N-no, I tried to save you, Eda, I swear!” I looked up at her as she started to turn to stone. I tried to get up but I couldn’t. I said, ”Eda, aren’t we a family?!” Eda looked at me and said, “You were never a part of my family.” I gasped as she fully turned to stone, as did everyone else.